460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Looks like you can see the floor of the garage through the rear window in the second picture. Trunk rotted out?

Jess

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like you can see the floor of the garage through the rear window in the second picture. Trunk rotted out?

Jess
That is my whole point. If you look at that same picture at the bottom of the quarter...the quarter panel is curling up from rust, but there is no picture of that rust ----Hey look at the shiny wheels.... Ha!

I just bought a 1964 Fairlane and the floor and the bottom of the quarters are gone! Well they might as well be...but it aint no "Thunderbolt"!!

Somebody's got a Fairlane these days and they think its a Thunderbolt. Yeah, just bolt that bogus looking bump on the hood and you have a $30,000 car.

Well then, My 4 door 6 cylinder must be worth $10,000. Ha!

Okay I'm done. :D

On second thought...there is a guy out of St. Louis with an ad on CL for a Fairlane and it's a Falcon Futura. Gotta laugh, reading the car ads on CL is better than TV.

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
meh, looks like a fun project car to me. Leave the exterior alone, gut the rest (if there's anything there), cut and weld to make parts from donor cars fit, take frequent breaks to enjoy frosty cold malt beverages, boom!....you've got a fun to drive hot-rod for less than $5K. Not everything needs to be a show car or a race car, and hacking away on a rusted old piece of junk through the winter months sure beats arguing with people on the internet or watching sleazey used car dealers screw people on TV.

Maybe a little strong on the price, but he's probably got $1500.00 in the wheels and tires alone. Prices are always negotiable on CL.

;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts