460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told that the ends of the pigtails should face the driver side on both springs. Or the car would sit unlevel...Is this true ? I had always had the end of the pigtail facing toward the rear in the past...My sn95 has about 7/8th -1" clearance above the driver side tire ..Passenger lot less...

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
Sorry' i guess your a teenager , if you have never heard of a spring pigtail...:cool:
LMAO! Teenager? OMG, no sir, I'm a long way from being a teenager! lolol
Spring pig tails, that's a new one on me. Are you referring to stock coils or coil over shocks? Most aftermarket coil overs have the ends of the coils ground flat so it doesn't matter where they end up. Stock coils usually have the end coils clipped square so there usually is a pocket stamped into the receiver portion of the control arm or landing plate so there is only one correct way that they should be installed. If they don't sit in the receiver pocket they will move and eventually end up there any way. If there isn't a receiver pocket then they just settle in where ever they want and I've never seen any problems with differentiating corner ride heights because of the position of the end coil. If you have different corner ride height issues it's usually due to old coils or something being bent in the chassis.
Rob

·
Registered
671 Posts
Face it, Rob. You're just starting your second childhood!
And I've never heard of spring pigtails either LOL

·
Registered
377 Posts
That's the direction I mount them on my fox bodies. As long as they have the same orientation, I would think the ride height would be the same? IF you're using the factory rubber pads maybe the passenger side has compressed more. You could try switching the springs side to side and see if it changes.
Russ
Oh, BTW, I never heard them called pigtails either and I'm 50.(not as old as "Anchorage Rob" though)....lolhttp://460ford.com/forum/images/icons/icon12.gif

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found it here on this site....I have them at 6:00...So i guess i been lining the pigs up right all these years..LoL

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
That's the direction I mount them on my fox bodies. As long as they have the same orientation, I would think the ride height would be the same? IF you're using the factory rubber pads maybe the passenger side has compressed more. You could try switching the springs side to side and see if it changes.
Russ
Oh, BTW, I never heard them called pigtails either and I'm 50.(not as old as "Anchorage Rob" though)....lol http://460ford.com/forum/images/icons/icon12.gif
ROFLMAO!
Rob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts