460 Ford Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1990 Ford Mustang LX 351M powered!! Project Cherry Bomb!!
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
K, As some of you know I'm doing a big block Foxbody swap. The car I have is a 90 LX that had most of the wiring harnesses chopped up for the 351M install before I got it. I still have the original green/red tracer ignition wire and.... That's aboot it as far as original ignition. For simplicity sake I took off the points/coil arrangement that it had and installed an HEI one wire distributor just to get it running as it had sat for 10 years. When I put my 460 in it I'll need a lil more hood space.. What I'd like to do is install a Duraspark system but I'm not sure what's the cheapest way to go aboot doing this.. I don't know which module is the better one to get, wiring harness to get and wire in, and even where to get one? Which distributor to get? (Actually I'll probably be getting the dizzy from Scotty J I think..) All the junkyards around here don't have anything that would have
a distributor in it anymore so there's that.. Any and all suggestions are appreciated and noted!!

· Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool beans!! See that's why I ask questions here! Simple and concise answers that make sense! I'll start looking into putting together an ignition system. I can implement it actually on the 351M I've got now, so I'll have the ignition lined oot already!

· Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@PSIG now you're just trying to make my lil head splode!!! Are you just suggesting something like a Duraspark distributor and a good coil like a Blaster 2 and not fooling with a MSD box? If I understand what you're laying down?? As far as finding either blue or red grommet duraspark systems, that would entail trying to trace down a wiring harness and a spark box which I have no idea how to find. Most of the junkyards around here don't even have anything with a distributor in them anymore let alone a complete duraspark wiring harness...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts