460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those at the seminar, here is the article Rick Smith (Founder of TFS) referred to as published in Hot Rod Mag. in Dec. 1984.

Interesting background on how he and his brother started TFS.

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Alan,

Thanks! Very nice of you to find it and post it.

Now then, you can ask Blake to verify, but I have a huge car magazine collection from 1963 on up. We might need to post some more articles.

Later,

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Monstermiler said:
Alan did you scan that as a PDF, if you did how about emailing it to me please.
Bill:

All I did was scan the pages and mark them as jpeg files, then downloaded to my photobucket account.

I have never scanned anything as a pdf file. How is that done?

Alan

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
c.evans said:
Alan,

Thanks! Very nice of you to find it and post it.

Now then, you can ask Blake to verify, but I have a huge car magazine collection from 1963 on up. We might need to post some more articles.

Later,
Charlie:

I have had this idea about starting a thread with nothing but scanned pages and links to car magazine articles related to the 460 family.

My collection goes back to 1977 on all Hot Rod, Car Craft, and Popular Hot Rodding.

My Super Ford collection only goes back to 1991 as well as MM&FF.

It would be nice if we could make the thread a sticky.

I believe it would make for interesting reading for those that did not get to enjoy those articles back when they were freshly published.

What does everyone think?

·
Registered
724 Posts
Alan,
My HP software allows me to selct wether I want to scan a document, document with images, or image. I just select document with images. If it is multiple pages it will combine them into a PDF file for me.

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
The only problem I see is Photobucket being involved. It is invertible that some one over time moves or deletes the articles, breaking the link.
Although, majority of times someone will save the articales to their personal computer for referance later down the road.

A thought of mine would be to make a sticky that has links to all referanced articales. That way we don't have a ton of stickies. (Just like DJOHAGIN has done)

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
jones said:
The only problem I see is Photobucket being involved. It is invertible that some one over time moves or deletes the articles, breaking the link.
Although, majority of times someone will save the articales to their personal computer for referance later down the road.

A thought of mine would be to make a sticky that has links to all referanced articales. That way we don't have a ton of stickies. (Just like DJOHAGIN has done)
Great idea Jones. Yes, Photobucket does go down occasionally for maintenance, but I save all my scanned stuff anyway.

What do you say we start the thread? I would like to post the link to my favorite 460 Article from Super Ford.

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Monstermiler said:
Alan,
My HP software allows me to selct wether I want to scan a document, document with images, or image. I just select document with images. If it is multiple pages it will combine them into a PDF file for me.
Bill:

I'll check on my scanner and software and see what I can do.

Alan

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
jones said:
Just tell me which one, I don't know if you want to start with a fresh post stating what your intentions are though.
Jones:

In a few minutes I am going to start a thread titled " Official Thread For 460 Articles"... and post some links up.

tell me what you thinK.

Alan

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
O.K. Guys....it's official ! Everybody post up your links to 460 articles on the official thread at the top of the Engine Buildups section.

I will go thru my car mag collection and scan as many as possible as well as scan thru the internet for links to all the mag. publisher's sites.

Thanks Jones for making it a sticky! :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
294 Posts
I have the same pages from that article in my collection of Ford articles from the 60s. Just kept the ones that I was interested in , such as, FE, 385 and others. Also have some old Ford publications from same period.

Advantage of being ooooolder.

Mike

·
Registered
508 Posts
alan I was just on the official article thread its great man. this is awesome. I was wondering how many more people had articles on different things.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Here is a link to a free pdf writer. I have been using it for a couple years and work well with no adware or anything.

http://dopdf.com/

It will install as another printer and when you want to print a document you just select it the same as you would your printer.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Man I'm reading your post's about old car mag.'s mine went back into the 50's with the 1/2 books and black & white photo's. I came home one night and my EX wife decided to clean out my OLD JUNK! They went in to the incinerator! 25 yr's GONE: :x : :cry: :x :cry: ---'EX wife GONE :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts