460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am making a checklist of items for road trips, and once I have the items most common to take, will make a spreadsheet of them to mark off prior to hitting the road. If anyone cares to add items you have overlooked or actually have a list you care to share... post it up. I guess the list could get pretty big, depending on how much room you actually have, but I want to get started somewhere.

Once I have it made up, I will be able to send a copy to anyone interested, and will make a post about it at that time.

Thanks for reading.
Tom

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
Tried having a list one time.... There is only one problem! Everyone needs different crap! Do they have kids? Is the car running in Nitrous? Need to refill the bottles? Do they have a dog? Long story made short.... You will ALWAYS forget something! LOL!

·
Registered
724 Posts
I am going to bump this back to the top cause it is something we did on the land speed car and it was always useful. We had list of things to do before car was loaded. List for what was to be loaded in the trailer. List of what to do while at the track. What needed to be done between runs. The car owner was a helicopter pilot in the military and was highly organized. We never missed a step. Now back in the shop there was some opps moments when things were forgotten. Easier to fix in the shop than at the track though.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I made one all ready and I added things like a mov tool and log book that will do all the split times too

Money
Fuel/drinks
Food
Safety equpment
Keys to trailer
License
Pen
Air Can
Tools
Cleaners
Rags
Oils
Check trailer tires
Grease trailer axles
Log Book/laptop
Battery Charger

·
Registered
724 Posts
I made one all ready and I added things like a mov tool and log book that will do all the split times too

Money
Fuel/drinks
Food
Safety equpment
Keys to trailer
License
Pen
Air Can
Tools
Cleaners
Rags
Oils
Check trailer tires
Grease trailer axles
Log Book/laptop
Battery Charger
Don't forget to check trailer wiring, lights, and brakes. We had a dry erase board mounted on the side door of the trailer with last minute stuff and load list. Side door of trailer was last thing closed before leaving.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts