460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm purchasing a members 460/527 block, stroker rotating assembly and assorted parts. (great guy)
My next purchase is the Kaase P-51 heads, which just happens to be on sale !
So, my next question is which brand of roller rockers do you like for these heads and why ?

·
Super Moderator
5,005 Posts
If you are going to be street driving with that much HP I'd look at something like the below link. The Aluminium roller rockers are nice and cheaper but something like these are built to run a very long time. ...you get what you pay for. I have something similar on my P-51's but they are chromoly steel.
Crower Enduro Stainless Steel Stud Mount Roller Rocker

700++ HP is a decent amount. The cam won't be tiny. You may also want to consider a rocker stud girdle like the one from Jomar:
Jomar 460 Stud Girdle

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm purchasing a members 460/527 block, stroker rotating assembly and assorted parts. (great guy)
My next purchase is the Kaase P-51 heads, which just happens to be on sale !
So, my next question is which brand of roller rockers do you like for these heads and why ?
Isn't the weight of stainless heavy on the valve train ?
I'm used to the !FE's rocker shaft and I've never had pedestal's, what's their pro's vs con's ?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm used to the !FE's rocker shaft and I've never had pedestal's, what's their pro's vs con's ?

I've been looking into the Crower roller lifters. I still don't like the needles preferring the bearing's.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Hard to beat a steel rocker for longevity and reliability.

WHO is going to build your engine.

Cheers, Bob

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What does BAM stand for ?
If your worried about needle bearings in lifters look at the BAM DLC bushing lifter, seems to be the go to lifter.

Cheers, Bob
[/QUOTE
This thread is for rockers, not lifters my friend.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If you are going to be street driving with that much HP I'd look at something like the below link. The Aluminium roller rockers are nice and cheaper but something like these are built to run a very long time. ...you get what you pay for. I have something similar on my P-51's but they are chromoly steel.

700++ HP is a decent amount. The cam won't be tiny. You may also want to consider a rocker stud girdle like the one from Jomar:
Jomar 460 Stud Girdle

Jomar 460 Stud Girdle
Well ya, but their not purrdy man. lol 🤣
Being Crower, the price isn't too bad.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm looking at other Crower products as well, top quality, but price for all is high.
Roller Cam, lifters, rockers & pushrods.

·
Registered
1990 Ford Mustang LX 351M powered!! Project Cherry Bomb!!
175 Posts
Agreed, it would seem to be if there was anywhere that you don't wanna skimp on parts it's the valve train. Just remember what happens when one of those little parts break cause you decided to save a buck or two on rockers or even keepers and retainers... Food for thought..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts