460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Carl set up a deal in Pueblo in mid August for us west coast guys to attend for some racing and goofing off. It was a blast to meet some guys from this forum and many of the local guys there. It was piggybacked with a Ford vs Mopar event, and there were a lot of good looking/running cars there to enjoy. I made a judgement call to buy some parts for my car instead of getting it there to race, and even though I went, I have a feeling racing slower would have been just as much fun. I am going next year with my car, and would like to encourage others to seriously consider making plans to attend also.

The track and people running it were way cool... everyone was a gracious host. The racers were just as happy to stop whatever they were in the middle of to chat about their cars or whatever topic one could bring up. Carl set up a BBQ with the folks running the track on Saturday night, and it didn't take long to make friends while having a burger or a cold beverage of choice.

I know there are a bunch of us that can't make it to east side events (The BBF Bash) due to drive time or cash flow issues, but this is a good deal closer for us west coast/mid west/canadian guys. If we can get some more guys to commit to going, I am sure we can get some convoys set up so we aren't all driving alone. Motels are within minutes of the track, although, I am hoping to spend 1 night at the track hanging out with some of those local racers having some fun.

Let's motivate Carl to get us some dates for a race weekend next year when Pueblo Motorsports Complex makes a race schedule. ZephyrBob and I have already challenged Carl to a weekend of racing in his Montego. I am not gonna talk any smack to Carl until my heads arrive safely.

Thanks for your time...

Tom

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
all i am gonna say is you guys better get your motor running. mine is gonna be. btw i also just scored a alexander reynolds mini bike/pit racer. so either way i am gonna win. lol. bobn

·
Registered
326 Posts
Sounds like a good time, sorry I missed out. Maybe next year Ill have a real tow vehicle that I could trust to make it.

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like a good time, sorry I missed out. Maybe next year Ill have a real tow vehicle that I could trust to make it.
No further than you need to go... drive your race car... Bob and I can run blocker for ya lol. If I was as close as you, I would be checking out Pueblo Motorsports every Friday/Saturday night they had something going on.

Tom

·
Registered
326 Posts
No further than you need to go... drive your race car... Bob and I can run blocker for ya lol. If I was as close as you, I would be checking out Pueblo Motorsports every Friday/Saturday night they had something going on.

Tom
Bandimere is 3 miles away from me. Hard to beat the short drive to a better track and larger car count.

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quite honestly... this is an attempt of working towards a larger car count. I can't imagine having an event like this within 3 miles of home, but I can't argue that it would be nice.

Since towing/travel time to "The Bash" would likely burn a weeks vacation for me, traveling by myself, I enjoyed having an event this far west. Since many of us won't likely be able to make trips back east for other events, it would be nice to meet more of the guys from this forum that are able to make a trip on this side of the States. I hope that there is some serious interest in having something like this that is within a few hundred miles of home, and we can place some more names with faces.

Tom

·
Registered
326 Posts
After reading my reply it sounded like Im bashing Pueblo, Im not. For normal Fri., Sat. racing its hard to beat a 3 mile drive.

If I had a better tow vehicle I would have gone to Carls race. It sounded like a great time. Hopefully next year he'll do it again and I have a way to get there.

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bob... hope you are getting your pit bike together. You gonna be able to hang it on your bumper to Colorado?

Carl... Rumor has it that e85 is now at the pump near where I work, and they are breaking ground on a new 1/8th mile track close to home. You haven't lost your marker yet I hope?

Get busy guys, it's just around the corner.

Tom

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
my Alexander Reynolds mini bike is the bomb. i am gonna paint it to match something yet. what i don't know, lol. you gonna have enough room in the tank to put a vw for a pit racer. lol. bobn

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
my Alexander Reynolds mini bike is the bomb. i am gonna paint it to match something yet. what i don't know, lol. you gonna have enough room in the tank to put a vw for a pit racer. lol. bobn
I spotted a datsun 510 today lol. Paint your pit bike black to match my engine.

Tom

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
No date nailed down yet guys. Looks like the city still hasn't decided who is going to manage the track this year. The company that handled it last year seems confidant that they'll get the contract, but nothing has been finalized yet. Hopefully we can get a date set soon.

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looked at some pics like you mentioned this morning... any metalflake color will do!

Tom

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
i wonder if one of the seats out of my work truck will fit the zeph then it will truly be a collection of crap or a 70s rat rod....of course we used to call it what it was before politically correct bs....bob

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I did a quick Google maps check for ya Bob... looks like you have a pretty good chance, even Evansville is closer... Bruno might have a further drive though.

Last year I took the "traffic shortcut" there through 4 Corners and across the reservation, and on the way back took I-25 and 40 home and had a much better trip home.

I would think that there have to be a bunch of guys near Albuquerque that would be willing to travel 6 hours or less to a race?

Tom

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Looks like the Ford vs. Mopar event we partnered with last year is up in the air. Starting to look at other events/locations.

I'm still thinking fall would be best, but am open to earlier dates. There's going to be a Ford only event at Bandimere in Denver June 27th. Or there's something called "Best of Detroit Foot Brake Nationals" at Bandimere on Septmeber 18th.

Hoping to have a meeting with Pueblo's track management soon to see if we can't figure something out.

This deal is all for you guys, so don't be shy. Let me know what you want to do and when, and I'll do what I can to make it happen.

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No vacation time for me until August 18th:ish ... might be able to pull off a day or 2 earlier. I agree, fall would be better, was perfect weather that time last year.

Pueblo was nice in my opinion, everyone was way easy to get along with, and a good atmosphere. Hard to beat the track time available last year, but with a bigger turnout, that won't be the same anyway. You had several Colorado guys that might have made it last year, would be good to see them all out there!

The extra distance to Denver isn't a make or break for me. Bob can stay longer if it's in Denver... j/k Bob! :)
Tom

1 - 20 of 43 Posts