460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am building an Outlaw 8.5 car with the A-460 block and am wanting some ideas on which rods to use for this assembly. More than likely it will be a 6.7 rod. I will be running 2 fogger kits, 1st kit 250, 2nd kit 300. I will also be running a Hogan's sheetmetal intake unless I can find a decent aluminum piece that will flow similarly. I've been told to run Oliver rods, Carillo, etc. I just wanted some input from others that have had some extensive experience at this hp level. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
No steel rods, BME forged aluminum. Probably the 426 forging. This rod takes some work to make fit in an SVO block with a 4.500 stroke but it's not too difficult.

·
Registered
6,970 Posts

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
I wouldn't use steel rods with a blower just because having an aluminum rod is so much easier on everything else in the engine when it's making big power. For whatever reason they tend to cushion the loads that get transfered to the bearings, crank, block etc.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I wouldn't use steel rods with a blower just because having an aluminum rod is so much easier on everything else in the engine when it's making big power. For whatever reason they tend to cushion the loads that get transfered to the bearings, crank, block etc.
Thank you. Thats what I had heard before, but I didn't know if it was from a reliable source. :)

Apologies to the OP for the thread jack.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts