460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
6.700 rods

H-Scat, H-Eagle or Howards BR6700 ? which is the best?

I'll change bolt X crower 280,000 p.s.i. bolt.

Howards BR6700 ULTIMATE DUTY™ FORGED BILLET RODS is made in usa or China?

thank in avance guys!

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Scat and Eagle both products of china.
not sure about howards

Either scat or eagle rods will work fine for a lot of applications.
wont comment about howards
all depends what your building though.......

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Scat and Eagle both products of china.
not sure about howards

Either scat or eagle rods will work fine for a lot of applications.
wont comment about howards
all depends what your building though.......
NEW PROYECT, NO TBIRD

TWIN TURBO 557

CRANK SCAT 4.500 WEIGTH STANDART OR Superlight Lightweight ?

RODS??

1500 HP

:confused:

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
i have the eagle SIR Hbeam rods on my 521 stroker. I really like the rods. But ive had experience with scat I beams but no issues with either. The eagle SIR Hbeam rods are only good for 850hp with the supplied 7/16" ARP moly cap screws... you can upgrade the rod bolts to stronger capscrews L-19 i think and the rods are good for 1000hp but ur way beyond that.

im saying that bc ur going twin turbo, and 1500 hp will require the most stout rods/crank u can find. I would look into forged or billet cranks from most companies like LUNATI, crower, etc. and same for the rods. u cant run a cast or lightweight crank with 1500 hp

·
Registered
957 Posts
i have the eagle SIR Hbeam rods on my 521 stroker. I really like the rods. But ive had experience with scat I beams but no issues with either. The eagle SIR Hbeam rods are only good for 850hp with the supplied 7/16" ARP moly cap screws... you can upgrade the rod bolts to stronger capscrews L-19 i think and the rods are good for 1000hp but ur way beyond that.

im saying that bc ur going twin turbo, and 1500 hp will require the most stout rods/crank u can find. I would look into forged or billet cranks from most companies like LUNATI, crower, etc. and same for the rods. u cant run a cast or lightweight crank with 1500 hp
Blackbird is right, a forged or billet crankshaft and good rods are a must in this application as are forged pistons.:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts