460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyone around that sells a pre-cut cage kit for a '80-'86 F150????

Jeg's shows one but they're 4-6 weeks out on shipping... I'd like to try and have one in my truck for the Bash...

Thanks,

Be C 8) 8) L,

Doug... 8)

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
What you haven't got that thing together yet what's the holdup? :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
900 Posts
roll bar

Doug if you have some welding skils see if you can find someone near you that can bend the tubing. Did you ck summit see if they have atleast the hoop and then get the universal 8 point kit. Hope that helps Joe.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Monstermiler said:
Check with S&W. I know they have some truck kits not for sure what years.
Yep,......I would check with them.
http://www.swracecars.com/

They have an 8pt. bar and a 10pt. cage listed for 92-95 F-150

8pt. - 11-3081
10pt - 11-3581

I don't think the cab is that much different on an 80-86, than the 87-96

They offer them in w/ three different types of tubing,.....
.134 wall EWS (electric welded seam)
.120 wall DOM (drawn over mandrel)
.083 wall 4130 Chrome Moly

I have their 8pt DOM bar in my truck. I leaves a little to be desired in the fitment department, but all in all, it's not too bad. I had to tweak my door bars to get them to clear my seat & door panels properly and the rear cross bar is straight and doesn't have any bend(s) where it meets the hoop. This restricts the amount of seat travel.

I've had mine for several years. Their prices have almost doubled due to the rising steel market, but many 4-5 years ago, I think I paud just over 200 shipped to my door.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Try contacting Art Morrison in Tacoma, Washington. They might have one for your truck. They say that they have CAD technology for your specific application.

http://artmorrison.com/layout.php?y=rollcage/&x=racebars

Morrison Competition Roll Bar And Cage Kits
Morrison Roll Bar and Cage kits are the "Class of the Industry." Easy installation is assured for two important reasons. The bars and cages are designed for your specific application using CAD technology, while the tubing is precision mandrel-formed on Morrison’s sophisticated bending equipment.

Price: Call for Details and Design Assistance

1 - 8 of 8 Posts