460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys bear with me here, I'm still a rookie! I bought a Proform practice tree to practice my reaction time. IT has a setting for roll out and bump time. I have found that if I set the roll at .030 my reaction times are good. Double 0's and high teens. Which if I understand correctly that means I need to roll into the staging lanes a little farther. I have only been rolling in till the stage light light's. Now what is the bump for? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
440 Posts
That allows you to "bump up" or "bump down" your delay, usually by .001 increments, so you can improve your reaction time without having to completely reset the timer.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How would I apply that to drag racing, or would that be more for a delay box setup? I have no electronics.

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
Hey Mel go on portatree.com they explane it there somewhat or call them 1-508-278-2199 they explain it better in person the roll out has to do with front tire size, how your car 60fts and some other things last year my wife bought me the full size tree and it has the mirco switch for the carb (same as a nos throttle switch) that way i can sit in the car with my helmet on and smash the pedel over and over just like at the races i just have to drain the fuel bowls tho but its easy with the quick jet change bowls on it.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Hey Mel go on portatree.com they explane it there somewhat or call them 1-508-278-2199 they explain it better in person the roll out has to do with front tire size, how your car 60fts and some other things last year my wife bought me the full size tree and it has the mirco switch for the carb (same as a nos throttle switch) that way i can sit in the car with my helmet on and smash the pedel over and over just like at the races i just have to drain the fuel bowls tho but its easy with the quick jet change bowls on it.
now that freakin cool........I didn't know they made such a thing....I've seen hand held practice trees, computer sims, but not something so close to the real thing..........that is definately cool......"last year my wife bought me the full size tree".......some guys have ALL THE LUCK.:cool:

·
Registered
440 Posts
How would I apply that to drag racing, or would that be more for a delay box setup? I have no electronics.
Yeah, delay box. Check out this page from a delay box manual:

http://74.125.113.132/search?q=cache:fFyk0qN5z-0J:www.krperformance.com/pdf/CubeIIwithBump-up1.pdf+bump+up+bump+down+drag+racing&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

It explains it better than I can, but there are a lot of things that bump time can be used for-- track conditions, you gettin' antsy because you were treed :D, you not used to a different track's tree, or even how deep you wanted to stage.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts