460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are roller spring perches that much better than new/stock perches? I am curious if it is worth $300 on my drag only 3300 lbs stock suspension 67 mustang that runs 9.90's. It lauches the front wheels a couple feet off the ground and seems to drive fine with the stock perches.
Thanks for the help
Justin

·
Registered
289 Posts
Read up on Vintage Mustang Forums and/or Corner Carvers. John (Opentracker) on VMF invented them and can tell you what to do. And... they're easy to make yourself with a hole saw and a mig.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I couldnt justify the price but I wanted something moved more free than the stock rubber. I machined some bronze bushing for mine and they move real free and there is no deflection and the price was much less..........ron

also bushed the a-arms

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies.
I like the idea of making my own, so I might have to give it a try.
Thanks
Justin

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bbstickstang did you have to limit the front end travel? because it seems my front wheels drop an awful lot compare to yours during the launch.
Justin

·
Registered
720 Posts
bbstickstang did you have to limit the front end travel? because it seems my front wheels drop an awful lot compare to yours during the launch.
Justin
Yes Justin i did limit the travel but only by about an inch. With no limit on it . it pulled the bottom mount off the comp eng shock twice.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Did you use a chain/cable? Where did you place it?
Thanks for your time
Justin
I used a chain and bolted it to the upper bolt on the shock tower by the shock, and then i have a hole drilled in the upper a-arm( note extra hole on a-arm between perch holes and ball joint)............rws

·
Registered
720 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts