460 Ford Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Hi I maybe off topic a little but I have a newbie issue with a 1975 Valve Body and c6 trans,
I am wondering if I left a component out when I fitted the shift kit.
as I found this needle valve but am unsure if it even came from the auto. no spring seems to fit it nor no obvious seat for it to sit in.

Valve.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated. eg bin it...

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Any chance you'd have a pic of the valvebody? Show the top of the manual valve . Some valvebodies have the detent in the valvebody, some are in the case . If I understand the issue you have the trans assembled? and there is no detent for the gears?? A 75 valvebody should have the case detent .

You in Australia too ?

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
VB from the top

Sorry I was waiting for a notification then realised I hadn't subscribed to the thread, as per attached pictures, thanks
I sorted the Detent the spring had just swung past the cam detent on the inner bracket. but I still need to know what the needle valve is for? Box is assembled
too thanks.

:eek: :confused:

Mat

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
No idea what that pin is unless that valvebody had someones home made mors maybe ???
Yes I just dont lnow myself either. If nobody has seen a needle valve like it in a C6 before it is going to stay out.
(one of those ones when you walk with the VB in hand from the auto to the bench and happen to look down seeing the valve on the floor... and then you think why wasn't I paying more attention... lol
:rolleyes:
Thanks for your fast reply all the same
Cheers
Mat

21 - 27 of 27 Posts