460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have currently been running a Rupert Alky Carb......Is there any E.T. or consistency advantage from making the switch?

Thanks in Advance
Adrian

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No opinions on this guys?

·
Registered
783 Posts
Yes, if the injection tune up is more correct than your carb was, it will be more consistant and could have a greater ET. However, if your alky carb is matched to your combo and has the optimal tune up, you will not see any gains.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I love my flying toilet! Im not sure if you will see any real performance gains compared to an alky carb, but i tell you what, the throttle response is awesome, and they are so easy to make tuning changes to. For example at the weekend i was running demo passes at the local racetracks halloween celebration / last meeting of the year. There were few cars there running on the track so we were effectively hot lapping. On the way back to the pit after a run I decided to fat her up a bit, and was back at the front of the pairing lanes within 10 minutes! Yes, that included returning to the pit, changing the pill, fueling up, towing down to the lanes.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes forgot to update.......faster.....yes.....about a tenth to be exact

consistency.........on the number every pass

Love the system

1 - 6 of 6 Posts