1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Back in the early haydays of nitrous doorslammers, I got to see Sox race that car at the Texas Motorplex the same year that Bill Kulman was the first to go 200. Sox, Kulman, Vandergriff, Carpenter, and Wizner with the brand new "Megaford" (chopped and sectioned 57 Ford) were all there. Kulman went 200+ that day too. Sox ran without a Tachometer!!! Said he shifted by sound and feel. He has plenty of experience for sure.
The Megaford had the first set of A460 heads and cast tunnel-ram that I had ever seen in person. Wanted some then... still want some now.

·
Registered
720 Posts
ronnie sox

i have a poster of him in that car and its autographed (aint i special ,lol)in my motor room.he used to run in the doorslamers shoot outs at orangeburg dragstrip in south carolina in the late 80s early 90s.one awesome ride ,i think it used to run like 4.60s in the 1/8 .him and thomas jackson from atlanta used to wax the chebbys with those BBFs.out run gene fulton and sonny lenard motors with his kasse shot guns,i'm glad to say i was there and saw it ,PRICELESS........thanks for sharing dave.....ron

1 - 4 of 4 Posts