460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone is running a roots style set-up on there 429/460.
I have been considering going to one. Now that I have damaged my 429's crank, its time to start. Any Ideas of crank, piston and cam set up anyone. Remember this is all stuffed into an 86 mustang notch back. It does hook up really good so i wont have a problem there yet. any help would be appreciated. thanks.

·
Registered
5,319 Posts
There are many companies who sell blower setups for the 429 and 460 engines. Blue Thunder makes a very nice intake that will take an 871 blower, it puts it up high so that the snout can pass right over the top of the distributor.

BDS sells the BT intake. They are morons to talk to on the phone but they do have some nice blower stuff.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I know it is not very close to you, but RBS supercharers in Nevadacity CA could probably get you anything you need, I had JR (owner) go through my blower before installing it, He seems very knowlegable, when talking to him about big block fords He reached over on his shelf & drug out a brand new bds manifold , I was shocked he had any ford parts, any way he also deals in used parts (blowers, injection, ect) & could probably swing you a good deal on a few things you'll need,
Here is a link to his website,
http://www.rbssuperchargers.com/RBS_Supercharger_Service.cfm

Do you have any more ideas of what you are looking at for HP, Dependability, streetabilty, ect, I'm not very experienced with this stuff but I do know the more details you give the better these guys can help you,

Dave M. who posted above is probably your best bet at getting you set up with somthing that will work for you,

·
Registered
142 Posts
I had that blue thunder intake and wish I still had it, nice piece. I used a stock well recurved with stock parts motorcraft dizzy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts