460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
No Longer For Sale

Forged .060 over Probe FPS pistons mounted on stock football rods that have been resized with ARP bolts. Stock crank turned .010 on rods and mains, and external balanced with above pistons and rods. Pin to piston fit adjusted. As far as budget pistons go, I'm very pleased with the Probes. They are more than 100 grams lighter per piston than a comparable TRW/SpeedPro forging. That goes a long way in keeping stock rods alive. This setup netted me a tic over 10:1 with 73cc DOVES and a near zero deck. Pistons, rods, crank balanced and ready to rock for $500.

Link to pistons.

http://www.cnc-motorsports.com/product.asp?ProdID=7444

Thanks for looking. Located in southern Wisconsin. Pictures available as soon as I get to tearing it down.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Would you be interested in selling just the rods/pistons? Shipping that crank might not be cost effective for me. Thanks, Randy

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe. They had to take quite a bit off of that crank to balance it, because the pistons are lighter than stock by quite a bit. Basically that crank isn't worth much to me outside of this setup. Shoot me your zip code and I can do some figuring. I might be willing to eat some of the shipping to make the deal.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No longer for sale, thanks.

-Jared

1 - 5 of 5 Posts