460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just converted my 1050 HP over to E85 and I think Im gonna like it. Its running on a rough tune but the plugs look ok. I wont know the verdict on performance until this weekend when I can run it at the track. I did buy a wideband so I can get it supertuned.

On the street it runs 160-180* and thats with the fans off! I dont care about the "green" propoganda, this stuff is da bomb.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
That sounds like some good stuff!!

They don't have it here yet:mad:, maybe soon.

Bill

·
Registered
456 Posts
no ea85 in Mt.

E85 is awesome!!!!!!!!! I'll never switch back. Good luck on getting it dialed in.
I joined the E85 govt. deal to try to get it in our area . I have been waiting a couple of years now and none in our state! I have some small chamber heads( B/T's ) that would love it for street driving. I may get to use them some day. Tres...

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
I haven't been able to find it anywhere around where I live. Does it run any cooler?

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
its gotta be a good 10-15 years away for me up in hudsons bay.
Yeh, thats what I was thinking too!! The Co-op here has some ethanol blend I think its 10-15%, I know most gas stations are using a blend now, this stuff seems a bit better tho....

Bill

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
mohawk stations maybe husky too have used blends for a long time, but yeah 5 or 10%. Theres no Co-ops here either, back west in my stompin grounds they're everywhere. There's no agriculture here, its tough cultivating the Canadian shield. lol :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts