460 Ford Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a running 429/460 shipped to East Tenn. Not looking for an aluminum headed powerhouse just a decent running motor to do the big block conversion on my 78 truck with. I have $1300 to $1500 to spend, so try and keep it close to that price range. Thanks and Semper Fi Lcpl Duncan

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Not worried about hp or tq numbers. Its gonna be a street truck with some light four wheeling use. I just want a decent running motor, stock or mildly modified, not leaking or burning oil for a decent price.Id take a more powerful motor or a stroker or something, but I'm workoing on a limited budget, and figure nothing that has to much work done is in my price range right now. Zip code 37710, residential address, or I can pick it up at a freight terminal in Knoxville.

·
Registered
253 Posts

Ihave a 429 I bought from a friend.It has a di block and dove-c headsIt is not running was tore down for inspection and pt back togather. I have a new 10/10 429 crank. It is totaly complete nuts,bolts,ex manifolds pullies brackets carb 4 V INTAKE starter alt. I mean everything. He bought it for a build similar to yours and had to sell ot due to health. I bought to help him out and don't need it 350.00 I'm in north west Al. It would be great for a basic build and you would have a new motor contact me if interested. Ward

·
Registered
900 Posts

When do you wan't the motor I have a 466 in my torino for sale. Its a 460 30 kb pistons d2ve heads ported crane came arp bolt in mains and rods oil mods done. I would take 1600 and I'll bring it down all you need is intake and dist, it will come with stock front sump pan and stock valve covers let me know Joe.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the offers guys, but I'm gonna go with dr wifes 429 if the shipping works out. Its what I'm looking for, and I already have a 472 c.i. kit on the way for it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.