460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Safety Requirements 8.50 to 9.99

My car is now running mid 9's in the 1/4 and 6.0's in the 1/8 so now I need more safety equipment. I was reading through the rulebook about what all is required.

Certified Cage: Check
Window Net: Check
Safety Belts: Need new ones, mine are out of date. I have the RCI belts with the Y as the top belt. I don't see these offered in Summit any longer? It's now a V-type top belt. I hope the V-belt fits...
Basically, the car passed tech at Ohio Valley, the exception being the out of date Belts. I have the SFI approved Ultrabell, flexplate, drive shaft loops, balancer yadda, yadda, yadda.

Now for the driver:

Credentials: Need to get my License (IHRA or NHRA doesnt' matter to me)
Fire Jacket: If I'm reading this correctly, my one layer fire jacket needs to be replaced with a multi-layer jacket? Something about spec 3.2/5 instead of 3.2/1 ???
Fire resistant pants: Need to get the pants (OK No Fire Resistant Panty Jokes Randy!) :lol:
What about shoes? Do I have to get the fire resistant shoes as well?
Helmet: I have a newer Snell 2000 G-Force helmet that is fire resistant (But has cool flames on the helmet) 8)
Gloves: I now have to get the gloves too?

Anything else that I need?

Thanks guys

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
549 Posts
The "Y" belts are no longer allowed. The V configuration or separate belts is all you can get now.

You may also have to run and engine diaper - the original call out was at 9.99 but that may be on hold. Check with the division office.

You need multi layer jacket, pants and a neck collar. Helmet is good, not sure about the gloves as my NHRA rule book is at home. IHRA requires gloves at 8.49.

If you have to get a license, get NHRA if possible. IHRA will accept NHRA, but NHRA will not accept IHRA.

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
480 Posts
Sounds like a "Throttle Stop" issue to 10.00 versus hundreds of dollars for safety equipment , not to mention possible chassis and cage modifications in the future.

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
515 Posts
.5 jacket & pants
.1 or .5 gloves Buy the .5's, not much more $$
boots not reqd but nice
collar

Diaper only required for national events per book.

Get an NHRA licence. The Frank Hawley class is a bargain, plus you get a coupon for 1/2 off MT slicks.

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
gloves, neck brace required, shoes I would do also. The Stroud stuff is real nice and comfy.

If you do the license deal do it through nhra as ihra acepts an nhra but not the other way around.

Big pain in the ***, glad mines all done, just needs to stop ^%$ing rainin', was gonna go tonight but guess what? MORE RAIN!!!!!! :twisted:

Bout ready to pull the bitch and stick the big bastard in it, might get a chance to go by then........

Keep it up better get a 'chute, its on my winter list of things to get lol. Alond with a wing and a set of real wheelie bars.

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
I have an RCI neckbrace I'll GIVE YOU, worn 1 time only, piece of crap.

The stroud unit is much nicer and you can actually stand to wear it.

I have the RCI shoes, pants and jacket that are fine, but the neck brace in a PITA.

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
richter69 said:
I have an RCI neckbrace I'll GIVE YOU, worn 1 time only, piece of crap.

The stroud unit is much nicer and you can actually stand to wear it.

I have the RCI shoes, pants and jacket that are fine, but the neck brace in a PITA.
Attach it to an e-mail and let me check it out :lol:

Anything else you want to give away :?: :D

I have the G-force Neck Bracke on my wish list. I still need to research saferacer.com where I get my helmets and stuff. Where do you get the stroud stuff?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts