460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't posted on here a lot as 2010 has been a disaster in every way, but I lurk almost daily. I am building an 86 Mustang coupe with a 466 and a glide. Suspension is all complete using a Chris Alston back half ladder bar kit. Engine was to use the radically worked EFI heads and welded and ported Victor etc. However, my shop burned down the first of the year with all my project parts and tools and old 427 parts etc. My wife has been very ill with pulmonary arterial hypertension (very nasty progressive illness) as well as chronic kidney disease. So virutually no progress on the car.

Tuesday morning I received a phone call from Detroit, Michigan from Ford. They informed me that I was the grand prize winner of the 2010 Mustang Fever Sweepstakes and that I had won a 2011 Mustang GT plus $5,000 of accessories that I pick myself. After I pick the color and interior and accessories, they will build it in January and deliver it to a nearby dealership that we agree on.

Good magazine article on the engine and car is http://www.mustang50magazine.com/techarticles/m5lp_1003_2011_ford_mustang_gt_50_coyote_engine/index.html

Merry Christmas to all.

Eddie Trone

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
WOW...that is fantastic. Sounds like your luck is taking a turn for the better. I wish you and your wife well..... and congrats to you!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts