460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a permanent grin. This car is an absolute blast to drive! I picked it up today. It was a long wait. I put a deposit down back in the summer of 2005. That was back before Ford decided to sell them at all dealers and pretty much did away with SVT. It was also before the dealers knew what they would sell for, so I'm very happy with the deal. I finally got to order in May 07. I had just about given up hope that they would get it. But they came though in the end.

My 2008 Shelby GT 500:

·
Registered
201 Posts
I remember when I was a kid going to friends houses and them going to mine to play with all the new stuff we got for Christmas, where am I going with this, well I think I'm going to Davids :D :D :D . That thing is nice, have fun.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
SSSSwweeeeeeet!!!

Merry Christmas to you... 8)

Doug... 8)

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Me = VERY JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amazing car man. Congratulations.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Very cool Mustang in the perfect color. :D Have a merry Christmas.

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
David Cole said:
I've got a permanent grin. This car is an absolute blast to drive! I picked it up today. It was a long wait. I put a deposit down back in the summer of 2005. That was back before Ford decided to sell them at all dealers and pretty much did away with SVT. It was also before the dealers knew what they would sell for, so I'm very happy with the deal. I finally got to order in May 07. I had just about given up hope that they would get it. But they came though in the end.

My 2008 Shelby GT 500:
That's awsome, I love the color!

My local dealership is getting a loaded out Gt500 here soon. White with blue stripes. They asked me to keep my ears open for anyone who might be interested in one. Then if they purchase I get a little something.

·
Registered
751 Posts
David Cole said:

My 2008 Shelby GT 500:
cool! youre probably only a pully swap away from 500RWHP!!!!

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Nice new car! I like the stripes.
How does it sound?
Which Ford dealership did you purchase it from?

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys. I'm happy and lucky to have it.

I really like the color. Vapor Silver with black stripes. It's a new color for 08. The most popular colors are white, red and blue. I wanted something a little different.

TopSportsman916 said:
David, sweet ride!!! 8) I'm jealous!! New race car & new Shelby!!!!! You must be living right.. :lol:
If you can call being awakened at 2AM to go spend 12 hrs running a freight train "living right". Lot's of overtime. LOL. The race car is a pay as I go, paid for deal. The biggest chunk was from selling my old car. The rest is coming together slowly as I get the cash. The Shelby has been a long time in the works. Pretty decent down payment saved up. The rest still belongs to a credit union for now. :(

8liter said:
that car is wicked..lets run for pinks!!!!! :lol:
Only if we can run again later with me in my dragster for a winner take all deal. :D

MauriSSSio said:
cool! youre probably only a pully swap away from 500RWHP!!!!
I may do a pulley later, but from what I have read, a cold air intake and a stage 1 computer tuneup is worth ~70 rwhp. That will put it over the 500rwhp mark. Ford even sells a kit to do that w/o voiding the 5/60K powertrain warranty. I will most likely go that route, then perhaps an exhaust system and gears before a pulley. The engine is made so you can only change the s/c pulley from a 3.0" down to a 2.8" or 2.6". The crank pulley can't be changed.

Danny Cabral said:
Nice new car! I like the stripes.
How does it sound?
Which Ford dealership did you purchase it from?
Thanks

Sound is great. Can't wait until it's broken in to open it up. They say to keep them under 4K rpm until 400 miles. Just little "sprints" through the gears the engine really makes music from 2500 and up when at full boost.

I bought it from Alexander Ford in Boaz, Alabama. About 25 miles from me. There is a local dealer only 8 miles away, but they sold their GT-500's with huge ADMS. ($15K over sticker for 2 that I know of.) Now way woudl I have paid that. Alexander has another one, but it is the floor. Belongs to the dealer owner and is not for sale. I do know of one other at another dealership that I go by almost daily.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts