460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering making a huge leap in audio technology for my vehicles.
Satellite radio. I drive (wander aimlessly) a tremendous amount across the western part of the US picking up various old Fords for the salvage yard, Most all are genuine Found On Road Deads, including the F250 that I drive now.
So listening to the radio is a good way to pass the hours and miles through Nevada, Arizona, and theirs a lot of empty miles there…..
Looking at Sirius and XM, it seems to me that the content of the two is about the same.
About same number of music channels, talk/news, and sports. I usually listen to country, or oldies, or classical, or generally something pleasant that I can understand the lyrics too, with news coming up occasionally to keep up on the latest world disaster.
Price is the same between them and $12.95 a month seems to be a good deal.
XM seems to have a few more stations of music, and the usual news stations.
Sirius has Howard Stern's crap which is enough for me to NOT choose them at all, but they have NPR which is interesting listening, though liberal.
So I'm leaning toward XM.
What do you guys think? Is one better than another? Any hidden loopholes or such that the slick little pamphlets or websites, don't say?
Need opinions…
Thanks
Dane V
www.fordautowrecking.com
SLC, UT

·
Registered
278 Posts
I have both, listened to both, and I love my XM and depise Sirius.

Sirius' format leaves MUCH to be desired, IMO. If you are stuck on certain "era's" of music, Sirius is for you. If you like certain genres' of music, XM is for you.

Brian

·
Registered
276 Posts
XM...all the way. They are the inovaters of Satellite radio and they own the satellite and rights. I have XM in both cars and shop. They are also adding some new stations.

T

·
0 Posts
I have XM in my work car for about a year & a half & love it. I spend 3 hrs a day round trip commute to work. I also have one of the boxes so I can take my receiver out of the car & listen in my shop. Plan on taking it to Fun Ford Weekend this Saturday. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts