460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't hunt me down and shoot me for asking this. But does anyone know of any good forums for small block fords? I've searched the net and can't find anything even near comparable to this site. And I'm gonna need a lot of advice on sbf over the next few months.

I purchased a 65 mustang coupe for my 16 yo boy. It has the 200 straight 6 with a 3 spd. My plan is to drop in a sbf along with a 4 or 5 spd. Not looking to build anything too hot. Just something that sounds good and still gets good mpg. As always, any and all help is appreciated!

·
Registered
666 Posts
We can talk about the small blocks here if you like what would you like to know

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Only hard part will be getting the frame part of the engine mounts. The rest is a simple deal.

your part way there , being it is a clutch car to start with.

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't hunt me down and shoot me for asking this. But does anyone know of any good forums for small block fords? I've searched the net and can't find anything even near comparable to this site. And I'm gonna need a lot of advice on sbf over the next few months.

I purchased a 65 mustang coupe for my 16 yo boy. It has the 200 straight 6 with a 3 spd. My plan is to drop in a sbf along with a 4 or 5 spd. Not looking to build anything too hot. Just something that sounds good and still gets good mpg. As always, any and all help is appreciated!
....been there for years. Please don't shoot me or I'll have to rat out Paul Kane....LOL

http://sbftech.com/index.php

·
Registered
271 Posts
It will not take much to make a good reliable runner a bone stock 302 will make a light Mustang light up the tires. One thing to think about do you really want to give a new driver something to get himself in trouble with ? One hint tho the V8 Mustang mounts are 3 pieces don't do what I did try to put the motor in and realize you are 1 piece short and have to scramble for it. I lucked out and a buddy had the parts I needed on the shelf I used his and ordered replacements.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts