460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Whew....kind of hard to know even where to start.

I wonder if the $2000 includes all the rain water now "installed" in the oil pan??

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
What a crack head. It is funny how often you see stuff on there way over priced. A little while back a guy had an offy dual port intake (remember those). The thing went for almost 200 bucks.LOL.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
You guys..........

You guys don't don't know what you are talking about. My buddy's uncle used to have one of those 429 Clevelands in a 64 Mercury M150 pickup truck. It had a stroker Boss 302 crank (factory) and it would fly. It used to run like low 8's in the quarter and it would spin up to over 10,000 rpm no problem. :roll:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did it have the infamous "cannonball" heads? :lol:
- Inside joke to those who also frequent the cleveland forum.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Lemme see, a 429 Cleveland, + a Boss 302 crank....that gives 732 c.i., or 1464 hp. ('cause all the NASCAR guys get at least 2 hp./ci & yer uncle/cousin/brother is at least as good as them...), plus an extra 300 hp for the "Boss" nickname, & 300 for the rusty rocker covers, = 2064 hp.

Why, I guess $2000 isn't too much to pay after all!! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
You guys

I'm bidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You guys are going to kick yourselves when this rare and powerful beast is in MY garage. I think I can make a few improvements and get it over 2100 hp. I'm gonna run 6's in the 1/4 when I get this into my 66 Galaxie!!!

And just wait till I put the turbos on!!

·
Registered
708 Posts
Jeff, it adds at least 75 hp if you can install it just like in the picture, with one head facing up. That way the rain water acts as water injection. :lol:

·
Registered
36 Posts
I think it was PT Barnum who said, "No one ever lost a nickel underestimating the intelligence of the American public". Sounds like this joker is a subscriber to that notion.
I'd give him a hundred bucks for it......shipped. :lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts