460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

This is the 2nd engine that Dave Sobczak ran in A/D in 2000. It is a Glidden Block (rare) with DRCE OLDS heads on it. He ran 6.700 @202 in 2000. The engine is a water tight killer piece. Not good enough for Pro-Stock at the time. This engine cost $75,000.00 in 2000. It is complete dry sump to carburetors. I s in running condition and sitting in Dave's garage in MD.The valve train has been backed off. He has asked me to communcate with this forum community to sell this engine.

Please e-mail [email protected]. I will assure you this thing can be had for less than 50% of new.

Rick Smith

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, I know you guys are looking at these pictures and thinking "I could do that." The reality is there are a lot of 650" fords that make 1200 hp. and weigh 100 lbs more, but if you want a real man's engine you really need to consider this one. I'm afraid that these big horsepower numbers have been bantered about by the inexperienced, that a piece like this can go over looked. This is a 9.500 deck ht. block. as a result it would package very nicely in a Fox body. I could very easily be de-tuned to 1000 and bracket race it. Or you could swap out the rods for steel or ti drop the compression and do the pump gas drags, turbo charge it etc. It has BME rods and pistons, bryant crank, 4.625 bore.

Most likely this is going in a fastest street car deal if we don't get any takers.

Rick

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know what you mean. Times have been tough. I guess when I see all this chatter about new builds and Ford history, I just can't comprehend why someone wouldn't have one the final pieces of that heritage.

Send me an e-mail and i'll send you some pictures.

Rick Smith

Attachments

·
Banned
2,451 Posts
Nice Engine, Bump for Rick

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Hello Mr. Smith,
I'm not familiar with a "Glidden block". Is the casting different somehow ? I'm aware that
the A500 block was available in different versions, all with the same part number, but no
cast-in date or any other identifying clue.
For example, I have some "Glidden casting" Boss heads. They are a different casting,
the head is taller by .500-in. from the deck up to valve cover rail. Clearly a different piece, not simply machined differently. But the casting number is still E2ZM6049A441.
Thanks for your help,
JB Rossit

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm not totally sure about a Ford part number on the block. It has a lower camshaft centerline to reduce lateral pushrod angle. It is not an A500 block however. the block alone is definitely a collectors item. I don't know how many were made , but I'm pretty sure it wasn't many.

I wish I could be more helpful. I would like more information I will contact Dave Sobczak. I am trying to help him sell this out of friendship.

Rick Smith

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
He will take $21,500 for the short block only. Short block consists of Bryant crank, BME rods and Pistons , Jesel lifters, Glidden block ( rare ), Camshaft, timing belt, dampener,oil pan, no-pump.

Personally, I would buy the whole thing and part it out yourself. It is probably what will happen at this rate.

Rick

1 - 14 of 14 Posts