460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I hoped to out do my poor showing at the first race at Northeast this year, AND I DID!! :D Made it to the semi-finals. Didn't take enough delay out to compenste for the sun directly in my eyes. Still cut an .027 light & ran 5.514 on a 5.51 dial in.I couldn't even see the bulbs until they lit up!! The car ran good & ran on the dial in except for two rounds. That was because the track started coming around & I dumped one guy on the top end. Also I got to meet 466Fox at the track. Nice to meet you & your dad Phil. Well mabe I can get to the big dance one time this year. :D

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nah, I just would have spun more. :lol: Northeast only has a 100' concrete luanch pad. My first time run, I spun the tires 11 times. Track started getting better about the 3 round. I really thought I would run 5.40's but after talking with a guy, he said I could add .1 or more to my ET from Outer Banks. That is about right. I run 5.40-5.41 usually at Outer Banks. But all in all, I had a good time. I'll give it anouther try in a couple of weeks hopefully. Gerry how is your beast coming along?

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Chris, did you try any suspension changes since last time out?

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Chris, they ran the race fast & for what reason I don't know. There wasn't that big of a car count. It was all over around 7:00. Dave, I did make shock adjustments. Now that I have the engine somewhat figured out, I may revert back to the shock settings that I had when I ran Northeast in March. That way I can get a definite comparison to see if I went in the right diection. If I go back to Outer Banks next, I will leave it the same since I know what it will run there with the old shock settings. Now I have a question for anyone. I go to Outer Banks(all concrete,awesome track) & the car runs 1.20 60', [email protected] I go to Northeast(decent track,100' concrete launch pad) & run 1.25 60', [email protected] A friend of mine runs his car at both tracks, doesn't change the chassis set up & runs 5.50's at both tracks. Why doesn't he improve or slow down between tracks like myself??? I don't really care if I run slower at Northeast as long as I am consistant. But I would like to know why I have a difference & he runs the same at both tracks. Just curiosity I guess.Inquiring minds want to know... :lol: Rick, I hate you had to work this weekend. I would enjoyed having you hang out with us. Did you get the message I left you Friday night???

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ahhhh you're making money not spending any. You are a wise man Grasshopper!! :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts