460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well its time to take the plunge and upgrade the car. Im selling the 460 out of my car. This motor has run mid 5s in the 1/8th and basement 9s in the 1/4 in a 3100# car w/ a C4 and a safe tune. The motor has 31 passes since freshening and has alway been a consistant round winner. This motor will be complete minus carb and distributer, and motor plate. It will even come with the waterpump and drive, Big Shot plate and solenoids. Like I said complete. All you will have to do is put on a carb, stab in a distributer, set the valves( I removed the rockers and bagged them to close the valves), and go consistant low 9s.

D9 block standard bore
SCJ rods
Hellfire rings
stock pistons
Comp solid flat tappet
242in, [email protected] .050
.642in .649 ex
Ported D0VES
Harland Sharp rockers
Ported Victor intake
Ford Racing valve covers
NOS Big Shot plate
Custom baffled Ford Racing pan

Nothing fancy, but round after round, week after week, year after year this motor just flat out works. $4700.00 obo

JW Ultrabell for C4 $250 will need recert in 2012

Will also entertain trades, just ask. Looking for enclosed trailer, powerglide, etc,etc.

630-688-7313.
Barney

·
Registered
228 Posts
^^^^Great deal for a consistent round winning combo and a great seller. It's put big $$$$$ set-ups on the trailer many a time.

Everyone that's ever doubted Jason's combo....here's your chance to see for yourself:eek:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I see you are located in ILL. I am also, Saint Charles. I am looking to put a bbf in our 01 Bullitt mustang. Since we just started looking into this idea it may be to soon for us to consider your motor but if you are relatively close to us would there be a chance for us to come by and hear it run? I am not a tire kicker would not be wasting your time.
We are serious about doing something not just a fantasy lol.

Thanks

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I see you are located in ILL. I am also, Saint Charles. I am looking to put a bbf in our 01 Bullitt mustang. Since we just started looking into this idea it may be to soon for us to consider your motor but if you are relatively close to us would there be a chance for us to come by and hear it run? I am not a tire kicker would not be wasting your time.

Thanks
Just let me know. I would have to put the rockers back on and set the valves( took them off to close valves and save the springs). I live in Kirkland which is 30 minutes west of you guys.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Your not gonna get a fresh, proven 9.0 motor any cheaper than this. A couple more days and Im splitting it up and parting it out, or putting the shortblock on the shelf for a spare...

·
Registered
3,931 Posts

Thanks

ITS A PROVEN BUILD, and a great engine to start with, not high maintance, and would come with info to get you going

-rich

1 - 15 of 15 Posts