460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do we still need to preload or adjust the upper control arm like a half turn on one side on stock type suspension cars no swaybar? I thought it was like 1/2 turn on passenger side? Also have air bag. Old S&S lowers , Added moroso springs and loosed the front control arms now she hooks, dont know baout transbrake through, never had much luck hooking well with break before, would spin a couple turns first. I got new 28x10.5 m/t on 10 inch rims so i am hoping for the best. Surely it will go some 1.3_s 60 if it does the hp will be around 6.20s or better. Praying on the weather ..., ED

·
Registered
256 Posts
i ran the ss lowers for a long time but when you start going faster than 10.0s they are very inconsistant. my best 60 on ss lowers was a 1.35 on the transbrake. as fas a the uppers go i would adjust them even and let the air bag work. i used the factory sway bar and stock v8 springs in the rear and car went straight as a arrow. i changed to my new set up now but if you are going to be going 6.40s or better and want to trans brake you going to need to change your lower set up. the south sides hit the tires too hard and if it does hook it will unload them when you sit the front tires down. i also had the pinion angle set at -2.5 deg.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got it jacked up level on floor with stands on rear axle and front of car and looked at driveshaft and to pinion WOW there has to be close to 10 degrees down. I added some adjustable uppers and trannie is higher now so it wasnt that much before. With solid bushings i am thinking 2-3 negative will be close enough?? Southsides have some wear and with the transbrake i think more is better then not enough. Will get degree checker tomarrow.., ED

·
Registered
616 Posts
Got it jacked up level on floor with stands on rear axle and front of car and looked at driveshaft and to pinion WOW there has to be close to 10 degrees down. I added some adjustable uppers and trannie is higher now so it wasnt that much before. With solid bushings i am thinking 2-3 negative will be close enough?? Southsides have some wear and with the transbrake i think more is better then not enough. Will get degree checker tomarrow.., ED
they have a cheapy deg angle gauge for like 3.99-4.99 in harbor freight that i use. good to within
-1/+1 !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts