460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

i'm from the Netherlands and have a Cobra with a 460, but only 300 HP at crank and 250 at the wheels at 4400 RPM. I want to raise the HP to 500 at the crank! Can anybody advice me what parts or setup i need? The heads are stock D3VE-A2A and the block is DIVE-6015-A2
The compression now is 9.2 , the intake MF is Edelbrock performer, the heads do have roller rockers and double valve springs (is this standard?) , MSD ignition, holley 750 DP. I don't know what cam is installed, or what pistons.
Maybe some of you have a 500HP so i can copy the setup?

Thanks,

Danny

·
Banned
2,451 Posts
A Set of TFS Street's, a Custom Solid FT Cam, Performer RPM and a 950 HP Carb, 2" Headers. Your there with your existing Short Block (and Probably a Little More, Definetly a little more !! LOL).

·
Registered
10,854 Posts
Well, you say it's in a "Cobra" so that has a seperate set of circumstances.
Using your present short block will require different pieces than a differently equipped shortblock would need.
IF you intend to use your present short block - Have your D3VE heads ported using larger valves or use a set of Edelbrock 95cc heads.
FordRacingPerformanceParts aluminum SCJ heads would be best but, will need different pistons as will also ANY other heads with only 72/76 cc combustion chambers; if you wish to run normal "out-of-pump" gasoline.
In either case, use an Edelbrock "Torquer II" intake manifold with a 1" carb spacer and a 950HP Holley carb or equivelent.
Cam & lifters will probably need to be "custom" but, a solid flat tappet lifter is the better way for you to go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts