460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Welding prices start at $100.00 per hour, set up charges also included. Progressive Welding & Fab. ask for Larry 630.649.1543.

Free markets keep us all working, unless you work & live in a third world country.

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
3rd world country

thats where were headed because of the free markets,,,aint nobody gonna be able to afford to pay 100 bucks an hour

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
You know the other day I was watching one of those Jay Leno video's and it was on the Lincon Welders. Jay was saying you "Should" know a welder because someday your going to need him to put something that broke back together for ya. And then this spokesman for lincon welders comes on and say yes a Highly trained welder can make up to $100,000.00 a year if not more using his trade. Good welders are coming hard to find these days. Well I been a welder for over 30 years now, When I left the trade I was making $13.50 hr as a production welder, Now I hear there making $18.50 hr. in this area.

So lets see 18.50 x 5405 hr per year = 100,000.00 Normal work year is 2080 hrs. so he'd only be working 104 hr a week. but at $100.00 per hour then he's only need to 1000 hours. That's only 19.2 hours a week .. ya that's sound like my kinda work week.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Call around, get some prices. You may be surprised at the cost, these things aren't done for free. Check with 96Mustang460cid, he has someone that is welding for him they may be cheaper.

Good luck.

·
Registered
6,970 Posts
i would pay 100 per hour ---but those welds better be flawless ...... you pay for what you get guys ...attention to detail . Im not sticking u for anybody here or trying to put a value on his service but in my eyes iwould pay around 500 - 750 to get those intakes welded up ....just my percieved value........ so that would give him around 5-7 hours to do the job ------ ??? could it be done in that amout of time ?? i dont know ..... but like i said quality of work and customer service ----- price doesnt matter to me :)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Banned
2,451 Posts
You know the other day I was watching one of those Jay Leno video's and it was on the Lincon Welders. Jay was saying you "Should" know a welder because someday your going to need him to put something that broke back together for ya. And then this spokesman for lincon welders comes on and say yes a Highly trained welder can make up to $100,000.00 a year if not more using his trade. Good welders are coming hard to find these days. Well I been a welder for over 30 years now, When I left the trade I was making $13.50 hr as a production welder, Now I hear there making $18.50 hr. in this area.

So lets see 18.50 x 5405 hr per year = 100,000.00 Normal work year is 2080 hrs. so he'd only be working 104 hr a week. but at $100.00 per hour then he's only need to 1000 hours. That's only 19.2 hours a week .. ya that's sound like my kinda work week.
The rate you make is different then what the company or a private company will charge.....

you $18.50 rate is probably charged at $55-$65 depending on Insurance and Tax Rates Used.

I work In Construction and it is not unheard of to see $100 per Hour Rates, or even higher for specilty stuff. Its not just Labor Your paying for.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
The rate you make is different then what the company or a private company will charge.....

I work In Construction and it is not unheard of to see $100 per Hour Rates, or even higher for specilty stuff. Its not just Labor Your paying for.
It all depends on what the market will bear and what your employer values your skill at. I am a welder / machinist with 29 years experience. When I left the Cat dealer in TN 5 yrs ago I was at the top of their pay scale making $19.50 for work they were charging $100 for. In contrast, I now live in TX doing exactly the same job making $27 for work this company is charging $95.00 for. And up until we got slow after the first of this year, I was allowed to work as many hours of overtime as I wanted.
The differences being here we have more competition and a larger employee turnover. Also a more diverse pay scale. I work with guys making $10.00 less per hour than me, vs in TN everybody was within a couple dollars per hour of each other, and upper management there felt that a trained monkey could do my job. Thus my decision to move back to Texas and work for folks who appreciate skilled labor and are willing to pay to keep experienced help from going elsewhere.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts