460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I put my interior back together this afternoon, I had to reuse the seat from last year due to time and money... It's out of a Mustang GT, so it's still fairly heavy... And now the engine's goin' in... Still waitin' on the trans, fuel line, and of course fuel... Then it's fire in the hole...

I'm hoping all goes well, 'cause I have a grudge match lined up in Lewistown (our 1/4 mile track) with a guy from Billings that has a Chebby truck with a BBC in it... Rumor has it he ran a 10.28 with it before... I should be able to cover that with the changes I made over the winter... I'll let ya know when the race comes up...

Doug...:cool:

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Had to take a break and take my son to his softball game at 8:30, got home at 11:00 slid the engine in place, and buttoned everything up... She's ready for fire...

Man, I'm goin' nuts... tomorrow and Sunday are race days and I get to go watch and help my buddy Randy Shaw with his car... Who by the way, was a big help with the truck by way of helping out with the bodywork...

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
looking sweet Doug ................ but she wont fire up with out a carb :D..... cant wait to see her make a run ------- 9 seconds baby !!!!:D

Thanks Nick... I'll put the carb on before I fire it up...:D If it runs as good as we're figuring, it should bust out a high 9 somethin'... That will be awesome, right up to the point where they tell me I have to have it certified...:D:D:D

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Great work Douggie! Next time you can take the boy to the game in the truck:D

Did you ever hear back from the guy that won your auction? Is he running it yet?

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Good luck Doug!! Looks cool;):D

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Lookin great Doug:cool:

It is cool when you get to this point and the end is soooo close!! But sometimes the last details can be a pain!

You know you have something when you have grudge matches lined up before its running!! Go get em!!

Bill

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Lookin Good Dugger. What did you do to the engine while you had it out?

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lookin Good Dugger. What did you do to the engine while you had it out?
I changed the cam, and took the Holley 1250 off and got a QFT 1250, changed from a cast crank to a forged unit... And put it on a pretty good diet... Should be a couple more weeks before I can get it fired up... Thanks for the compliments guys...

·
Registered
667 Posts
looking gooooooood!!!!!

hey doug,
she is looking great. you've been really hard at it this year. i finally got my rotating assy. back today. the block is getting new cam bearings and a final hone now. i won't make it to the bash but the bird WILL fly this year. keep us posted.

steve

1 - 19 of 19 Posts