460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure you guys know what I'm talking about... The little round bushings in teh rods in a C4, C6, FMX or even NP208 or NP205 shift linkage. Ford used the little bushings in a lot of things. They basically slip over a 'stud' kinda thing coming out of the shifter and the shift level on teh device to be shifter, and the flat part of the linkage with a hole in each end pops over the bushing. Bushing holds it secure so the linkage is tight and doesn't go anywhere. They are a pain in the arse to pop off without bending them, so I usually burn the ones that are being stubborn, so as not to damage the linkage, just need some new ones to tighten everything up.

I can't find these bushings anywhere locally and one my my friends saw fit to commandeer all my parts catalogues (gggrrrrr... *shakes first*) so if anyone knows where to get these bushings I'd appreciate it.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Pivot Bushing

Bought one at Bleakley Ford last week, Cost around 5 bucks. I mentioned that I was surprised that they had it and the parts guy said Ford has used this part since the late 40's. I did take the old one in with me.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, I appreciate it. Maybe with this linkage tightened up I can finally get my backup lights working properly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts