460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need information on what's the best approach to ship a C6 with convertor across country. Have never shipped a trans before and just wondering if anyone has had any postive/negative expriences with shipping one. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
268 Posts
:D Pretty simple, You will need to put it on a pallet and make sure that it is secure and oil is drained out of it or you will be charged a :roll: HAZARDOUS MATERIALS FEE :lol: ! make sure that tha converter is either in a box tied to the same pallet or locked into the trans with a metal strap accross the front of trans. Then find a good freight company in your area and get a rate quote (not going to be cheap). You will need to a real close weight on the unit to get the quote. Always go a little heavy on your weight as things sometimes change. If possible you want to make sure that the person you are shipping to has a buisness to ship to or be willing to pick up this will make it cheaper for both, and you will need to drop @ your local dock this will also save some money. We all like to save money. Hope this helps out. 8)

Dan
:twisted:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just check a site that stated " weight with oil less brake 203lbs". I used 300lbs. as a package est. trans, convertor, pallet, favoring the heavy side by a little. Or do you belief this number to be off, I'm looking for data, or someone that has shipped one before.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Shipping

:D Yes you should always go with a little heavier weight. I think the last one that I had shipped from VA, was right around 275#. This will get you a really good quote! I would check with freight companies like Old Dominion, Yellow And even UPS freight or Fed Ex freight. Where might you be sending this to? I could give you more info help on wich company to use. :wink:

Dan 8)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts