460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am working on an engine tune but want to work on the suspension at the same time.

I have an adjustable (length) triangle 4 link, strange double adjustable rear shock coil-overs (mounted behind the rear-end) and strange mustang bolt in adjustable front struts.

Watch the video:

I just checked the rear shocks and everything is set on loose compression and extension. I haven't checked front yet.

Tell me what you think? to do

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
First thing I'd do is lean it out a little bit, LOL!!
Keep the front end loose....tighten up the shocks to about the mid point...retest, go a few clicks tighter and note the results.
If it does'nt hook, go back the other way, passing the mid point by a few clicks, retest.

You may want to put an anti-roll bar on the rear to keep the car from twisting on launch....otherwise, it may throw your suspension tuning efforts way off and you end up chasing your tail trying to figure things out!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the car used to launch strate but 8 years and new shocks this is what it does.

jets are on order and hopefully i will get back to the track next week.

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
A anti roll bar is definately in order first. The left rear suspension is climbing up under the car and making it steer to the right on launch. I'd recomfirm the squareness of the rear suspension before doing any shock tuning.
Rob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts