460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just recieved my shorties. welds look good, fit looks good, flanges look good. it is the busy season so they took a while but bob never ducked a email or call. fwiw, bobn

·
Registered
436 Posts
Good news. Glad you got them and they look good. Do they look like they are going to clear everything? Thanks, Ken.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ken, i am going to mount them on a core motor hanging on the stand. then swing the tubuar kmember with steering rack in place. as soon as i do i will fill you in. bobn

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
zephyrbob said:
ken, i am going to mount them on a core motor hanging on the stand. then swing the tubuar kmember with steering rack in place. as soon as i do i will fill you in. bobn
But will it clear the frame rails?

That is where I had my problem with my shorties (un-known brand).

Now I have to move my k-frame to the driver's side 1/8 th of an inch to clear the rails.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hm, now i am gonna have nightmares! lol. perhaps you can take some pics with a ruler or square laid up next to it and send to me at [email protected]
,,,,,,fwiw i am sure d n d auto spec has that situation worked out. you might conside moving the mounts(which would move the motor over) instead of the kmember. bobn

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
I think my problem may have turned out to be self-inflicted.

I put on some wider wheels this weekend which has the edge of the front tires come out just slightly past the the edge of the bodywork.
The driver's side looks great, but the pass. side sticks out about 3/16 " more than left.

I think when I put in the k-frame spacers, I moved the k-frame accidently towards the pass. side. (at least I hope that is all)

Might explain why I had to keep denting up the # 2 tube to clear the frame rail.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts