460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went with my Mopar friends Mark and Ron to the firing range and they let me try ther .38's and .45 revolver's. Alot tougher than it look's to hit the target 30' away. It was a blast (no pun intened). I'm looking forward to getting mine in a month or so.

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
I bought my first handgun after I was married and have had a love affair with them ever since. My wife does approve of this affair vs. the other type of affair that I could have.:D Smith & Wesson 629, Dan Wesson 357 mag, and a High Point 40 S&W. They are a blast, literally.:)

·
Registered
728 Posts
just purchased a new springfield 1911 about a month ago myself. now i have a reloader and pump out .45 rounds like its nobodys business. be careful, shooting eats money just as fast BBFs do!

·
Registered
518 Posts
Carry Permit

MN. law permits a citizen to carry a weapon on their person under certain circumstances after following certain guidelines and being issued a "conceal carry" permit. IMO, apply for the permit, if MN. approves your application and you satisfy MN. requirements, it will be time well spent. Being a responsible gun owner is very important, for you and the public.

Dave.

P.S. Chilly, I sure miss Deadwood!

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
Yea shooting is a blast i used to be into it big time and you aint kiddin darrin about being addicting i remember one time going into a gun shop to buy bullits and coming out with a new $400 piece you just had to have. My favorate to shoot is my snubnose 44mag if you use remington 180 grain cartridges lookout i get a 3' flame out of those i would put one regular and one hot load 3 of each to see the diffrence its wild the last time i had it at the range a year ago two off duty cops were plinking away and came down a few bays to see what the hell i was shooting.

·
Registered
862 Posts
I love going to the range but it does get expensive!! I have a Ruger P97DC .45 and I bought a S&W40VE to carry at Christmas time and love it. The Ruger is a little large to carry but the S&W is perfect!! It shoots very well too, nice feel. You will get addicted to it just like the cars! Remember, practice makes perfect!!:D

Keith

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I can see this is going to expensive it doesn't look like you can just own one. Were are going to try our hand at trap and skeet also. It's very touchy on the conceal and carry up here, almost to the point of not worth it. I'm thinking 9mm what's out there in the $300 to $500 range? I may get a chance this fall to meet Mr. Beretta, my neighbor was his nanny in Italy and they have become good friends. She is getting married and he will be here on business so he may come to the wedding, that would be way cool like meeting the Carol Shelby of pistol's.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Uf63, If ya'll have an Academy Sports up your way, (sporting goods store) they have the S&W sigma series handguns for sale considerabely cheaper than S&W. I paid around $360 or so with tax. They are available in 9mm or .40. Very nice and light weight for the money and shoots very well. These guns sell for about $458 on S&W's website. Gun shows are a pretty good place to at least check out and hold many different models. I would suggest touching and feeling and find something that is comfortable in your hand. Good luck and happy hunting!!

Keith

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Keith I'll find one here in town to take a look at. there is a range up here that rents hand gun's, my son and I are going over and try some.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
I'd say skip the 9mm and go straight for the .45 or larger unless all you ever possibly will use it for is paper punching, then go for a .22 :) I'm a newbie with the pistol stuff too but have improved in aim quite a bit. One pistol I can't shoot worth a darn and no one else seems to be able to either is my friend's S&W sigma .40. Besides everything about it just plain feeling cheap (aside from the horrid trigger), the slide fits very loose on the frame and wiggles with the barrel in relation to the frame. I think that's where the groups-all-over-the-place comes from. My other friend's Sig P220 in .45 shoots great and feels lovely too. I liked his PX4 Storm Berretta in .45 too, probably even more than the much pricier Sig. Still, I've not shot a handgun yet that's more accurate than my .357 Ruger revolver Security Six.

·
Registered
20 Posts
GUNS

PLEASE JOIN NRA,YOUR LOCAL GUN CLUB,GET YOUR HANDGUN PERMIT,ANYTHING THAT HELPS SUPPORT THE US CITIZEN'S RIGHTS,WE DESPRITLEY NEED TO KEEP OUR FIREARMS,ALSO BUY A GOOD SAFE AND IF YOUR ARMS ARE NOT WITH YOU THEN LOCK THEM UP SO SOME PUNK CANT STEEL THEM.BECAREFULL AND FULLY ENJOY YOUR FREEDOM.CHECK OUT KNOB CREEK GUN RANGE FOR EXTREAM FULL AUTO FUN,OOPS JUST NOTICED I GOT THIS ON UPPER CASE LETTERS-SORRY,also check out www.freewebs.com/raah521ci i have lots of shooting pics in there,also check out you tube-mail call at knob creek gunny ermy gives a nice tour of the place.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Guns are very addictive I can't even remember how many I have, but you can never have enough. I would say go to straight to the .40 or .45 caliber get something woth some knock down power. Don't get one that 2 light weight though they have a lot of recoil and it make it harder to hit objects. I have a kimber .40 and in my opinion its the best gun ever kinda expensive though in the $800-$1000 dollar range depending on which one you go with. If you want a really good 9mm though I recommed a ruger p95 9mm one of the best guns I've ever owned. Their right around the $350-$500 range so its a realtively affordable gun. It would be a dollars well spent gun.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
A few freinds have the ruger sr9 and love them. 16 plus one in the chamber. Like they say... no one likes to get shot and no one likes to get shot a lot. My next handgun will be a .40 I currently have two 9mm's and two .22's and a .38

1 - 18 of 18 Posts