460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The bubbled hood provides a bit more space. There is now 4" clearance from the front top of the air cleaner to the bubble. I currently have a 14" dia. 3" tall air cleaner but I will probably go to a snorkle air cleaner. Would it be more beneficial to see if I could fit a Victor intake with the current air filter height, or try a carb spacer and go to 4" or 5" air cleaner?

Thanks, James

Current specs are:
466 with ported DOVE's per Scott's pics and PI stainless valves with titanium retainers. Unshrouded and polished chambers.
10.3 Compression Ratio (Probe forged pistons with anti friction coating on skirts, and anti heat coating on tops)
Eagle H-Beam Rods
Torquer II Intake
950 CFM Proform
Lunati Solid Lift Cam 559/572 Lift, 237/247 Duration (at .050"), Intake C.L. 106/110. Installed 4 deg. retarded.
2 " Primary Crites headers
1962 Fairlane estimated 3550 lbs.
3.70 9in. rear
26.5 diameter tires (M/T Drag Radials)
C6 with 2800 stall converter

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
The Torker is pretty good. With the package you have, I don't think the Victor will pick up a ton of power. I do believe the Victor is a better intake if you have the room, just saying that I'm not sure it will do much considering the mild cam. If you were winding the thing to 7500rpm, different story.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
From what I've read, you may gain a little horsepower above 5000rpm, but probably not more than 8-10hp over the TorkerII. If it were me, I wouldn't think it worth the cost.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

Chilly and Scott,

Thanks for the responses. I typically shift at 6500 rpm so it appears that the Victor would probably not be that much of a benefit. I'll just try a spacer for now and may try a Victor when I upgrade to TF Streets.

James

1 - 4 of 4 Posts