460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If Charlie, Lem and John are the kings of the BBF, who do I go to for similar insight regarding the build of a big inch small block?
Thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Jon ( Kaase) is the undisputed king of BBF ?

You don't know he (Kaase) can build a bad-*** smblk too ?

Is this a drag race engine ? You could always call Billy Glidden or Tony Bischoff if Kaase's shop is busy.

G-Code

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Mark o Neal @ Probe industries knows a fair bit. Brian Tooley, (Previous owner of Total Engine Airflow) is working with a shop up north now somewhere but I dont remember where. Ed Curtis is the H/C/I man that I keep hearing good things from.

Forced induction and or nitrous is a different ball game. Hellion pretty much has the market for awesome turbo builds, not sure who runs the room with Nitrous. Haven't played with that stuff in years so I quit paying attention.

·
Banned
2,451 Posts
RV Engines out of Alexander NY or Bennet?

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
What kind of build are you referring to? Street/strip type deal that guys on here would know, or are you talking a full boogie Yates type deal that may take someone that works on SBF development full time?

·
Registered
385 Posts
hey Chilly how about a room in this site for the small blocks. I am sure other members are like me with a small block and a 385 series big block

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
I think I'd avoid that. I believe what makes the site great is that we have such focused tech, I would be hesitant to mess with that recipe. If the SB info happened to take off, it could easily overrun this forum due to their popularity. However, I could build a SBF site.

There is a lot of SBF info out there on all the various 5.0 sites, but I don't believe there is a dedicated forum such as this, just for the actual engine family. I have a 408w, so I know where you're coming from.

·
Registered
385 Posts
The format of this site is far better than any other site I have seen. well done chilly

·
Banned
2,451 Posts
Keep it a 385 BBF If we need SBF info theirs plenty of sites out their for that.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you to everyone for their input. I sent a message to Bennett and Kaase. I couldn't find a site for Gliddens Racing Engines? Yes, I am talking a great motor like yates or chapmen or whatever? It is going to be a 454 ci. I am sure there are lots of sites for SBF but truthfully, I feel at home here. As such, for whats it's worth Chilly, it's ok to discuss non BBF stuff in your garage no? If so I don't see a need to take a chance of watering down the rest of the site, what then, FE's and SVO focus motors? By the way, I am a little computer illterate though, what does ttt mean and how does the bump thing work?
Great job Chilly, it's an awsume site!
Jeff

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
Yessir, it's fine to discuss SBF in the Garage.

TTT = To The Top

This is just a post inserted to make the thread "current". The threads with the more recents posts are put "to the top" of the page. Internet shorthand.

bump is the same thing, adding a post to put the thread at the top of the page so it is noticed.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
The Professor,

Click on the bottom link on Homespun91's post,now go to page 3 on there.There's a dyno test of a Kaase 440" small block with CHI Heads it made 903 Horsepower.

Later Mark.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts