460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i had a freind calling me today asking about a small block problem hes haven. i believe hes putting a set of cleavland heads on a windsor motor. and he has the pistons already so he can bore again . but his intake valve is very close to the cylinder wall. i asked him about putting off set dowels on or chamfering the top of the bore for more clearance . i know ive done that on a a style motor with no problem any of you know anything about this style motor or know a place to get off set dowles for sbf . thanks brad

·
Registered
106 Posts
i know of people having done that conversion so I know it is possible. If you would go to www.corral.net you could probably get the answer to the problem. Just a warning though, they can be arrogant and downright buttholes there but they are full of info on the SBF. If you can withstand a little attitude you will probably get your answer.

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
The Cleveland engines all came with valve relief notches in the bore. You could have him look at a Cleveland block and use a Cleveland gasket to get an example. The factory notches are not all that large but they are pretty noticeable at a 4 inch boresize on both intake and exhaust sides of the bores.

S

·
0 Posts
DaveMcLain said:
The Cleveland engines all came with valve relief notches in the bore. You could have him look at a Cleveland block and use a Cleveland gasket to get an example. The factory notches are not all that large but they are pretty noticeable at a 4 inch boresize on both intake and exhaust sides of the bores.
X2 Dave's correct!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts