460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been rebuilding smog pumps and need some cores. I am looking for the ones with the 7801149 casting number on the back plate. Generally paying $250 for one that is complete with the smog elbow and less for those without but will negotiate. Will need a photo to determine value. Call if you want to describe what you have: seven seven oh 8 two 3 one 37 zero. 8AM- 8PM Eastern please. Or email me at jimwoods7 at outlook dot com

I am asking here, though I don't have a 460, because I believe these pumps were on some Lincoln 460 engines and probably other 460s or 385 style engine applications. Tips on the 460 smog applications from the experts here welcomed!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Do you know of any certain model years/vehicles?
Good question, and I am still not 100% on the answer. For sure, 68-70 or maybe 71 big blocks with 4V carburetor. Also, some 6-cyl cars in this date range. I think trucks that used the FE engine into the '70s had this same pump if they had 4V and thermactor.

Good sources are Thunderbirds, Lincolns and 390-4Vs. The right pump will have just one port on the back cover, not two. The earlier small blocks used a pump with two ports on the back cover and these are a completely different animal from the ones I need.

Passenger cars later than about 1971 might have the right pump, but even if it isn't the correct 7801149 back plate number, the rest of the pump might be OK.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just reminding everyone that I am still buying smog pump cores. The ones from '70-'71 Lincolns seem to be extra nice, probably because they stayed on the car. But any pump with the 7801149 casting number rear cover is of interest to me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts