460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, the local weather said a chance of flurries but, we got about 2-3" Of course, in this area (northeastern NC) that means no school, so my son is tickled! I work for DOT, so I don't get very excited about it.

D

·
0 Posts
I don't want to hear complaining about 2" of snow !!1 :lol: I woke up to 8" on top of the 12" we already have......... :shock: You Rebel Southerners don't know what snow is !!! :lol:

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
dfree383 said:
I don't want to hear complaining about 2" of snow !!1 :lol: I woke up to 8" on top of the 12" we already have......... :shock: You Rebel Southerners don't know what snow is !!! :lol:
Sure we do. We get a little bit about once every 10 or 15 years in Savannah. :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
Heck, we get happy when it is a hard frost in the mornings here in Ms!! If you squint your eyes just right it looks like snow! This morning I even saw some puddles froze over! :shock:

Lord help us if it freezes or snows! Every redneck will be out trying to drive in it! Wal-mart will be like a madhouse and everyone will be stock piling on gas! :lol:

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Is that the UUGLY white stuff that falls from the sky? 'Round here, if it gets below about 5000 Ft. I can look to the mountains and see some. :lol:

·
Registered
728 Posts
haha try south texas here. we just got like a half inch a couple weeks ago, lasted about a day and turned into ice, wasnt impressed like i usually am because i just got back from winter park, co. 3 weeks ago, where i got to see real snow for the first time :D

T

·
0 Posts
Chris, we didn't get anything here in Woodland. i didn't see anything until I got around Franklin,VA. Newport News didn't get a thing either.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Growing up in the midwest, I LOVE THE SNOW. Cant play with the summer toys during the winter months, so out comes the snowmobiles. I cannot get enough snow around here :). Please send it all our way so the trails can get groomed.

Jimmy

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Snow!!!!!

Man i hate the stuff. we havent seen the ground in 6 weeks and we're still forcasting snow every weekwnd since befor xmas. thats 6 weekends in a row and I think I heard 62" total for this winter so far. Heck Detroits average is 40" a season but 62" for the Denver area is Unheard of. :cry:

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
g12314 said:
Growing up in the midwest, I LOVE THE SNOW. Cant play with the summer toys during the winter months, so out comes the snowmobiles. I cannot get enough snow around here :). Please send it all our way so the trails can get groomed.

Jimmy
When I lived in Michigan (about a thousand years ago) I raced motocross and scrambles. When winter came, I dropped the forks through the triple clamps, replaced the shocks with struts, tossed on the studded tires and raced on the frozen lakes 'til spring. Ice racing a motorcycle is absolutely the most fun you can have with your pants on. 8)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We usually get about 2 snows a year of 1 to 4 inches and thats just enough for the "snow loving kid" in me. When I try to play in the snow like I did when I was a kid, I hurt way to bad the next few days.

D

·
0 Posts
2 more inches this morning, 4 more due this evening.......... :lol: will it ever end :roll:

·
Registered
326 Posts
i just got back from winter park, co. 3 weeks ago, where i got to see real snow for the first time.
My front yard has had 2 feet on the ground since week before X-mas. I had to use the neighbors Bobcat to do the drive way a couple of times just to get to the garage, so I could work on the Car. I havent seen snow in Colorado like this ever :shock: If it aint snowing its below freezing. Right now its 2deg. Cant wait until Spring!! The garage has heat though :)

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
We had 8+" a week or so ago, got about 1" more yesterday and I got up to 2" (and still going) more today....

Luckily, the 8" was almost gone.....

I don't think it has broken out of the 30's in several weeks here and I'm getting my fill of it. It's been a long time since we had a cold spell stay this long. I suppose it is making up for last year when we just had a dusting of snow.

:x :x :x :x :x :x

Oh yeah, my nat gas bill was $178 last month.

·
Registered
13 Posts
We only had a few dustings, nothing major. A friend of mine plows for some extra cash and he's not to happy.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
We've only got 4/5" on ground witch is way low for us. but it's going to be 10 to 20 below zero over the weekend.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts