460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
............This. I know it's not a Ford, but it's pretty cool I think. I bought it (because Barrett Jackson won't let you bid without a certain credit rating) but it's actually my brother's, who paid me in cash. 1969 Roadrunner, matching numbers 383, 4 speed, bench seat. Was painted in 1972, driven for 77,000 miles then parked. They found it in a "barn" after sitting for 25 years. It's got it's protecto-plate and all documentation, been in 2 magazines, and runs and drives like a dream. It's basically a mint condition factory stock car with an insane paint job. All it's history is known, which is cool. Most likely going to put a 526 Hemi (yes, a 526) and a different 4 speed in it to save the numbers matching stuff and build a cool retro-dragster out of it. The paint is freakishly fresh looking. Being there and buying it was definitely an experience I won't forget! Made it on TV even haha.....

Attachments

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Most the "experts" we heard were thinking 40k, we meant to stop at 25k but went to 28k. It was like $31,000 with the fees and whatnot.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Love it. Good buy. I went to the Scottsdale auction and it was quite the experience! I'm sure Vegas would be no different.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. I guess Scottsdale is the biggest one by far, may try to hit that next year. This has been a dream of ours to do for quite a few years. The first day of Vegas just happened to be on my birthday this year, so my brother flew in from Alaska to Montana, I picked him up, and we road tripped my 1970 Coupe Deville down.....The road trip down was awesome! After we bought his car, he flew back to Alaska from Vegas, so I drove back alone. A 14 hour solo ride was brutal after 5 days of living the life down there haha, but the Caddy ran flawlessly the whole time.....Here's the only pic I got of my car while we were down there. This is picking it up at the valet at the end on my way back.

Attachments

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its got the high compression 472 in it. 375 HP 520 ft.-lbs. Runs like a watch. They're a lot like our 385s in that getting 600/600 out of them totally streetable is a cake walk. They only weigh 80 lbs. more than a small block Chevy too. They are known for being bulletproof. Only reason I have it is I run the shop at a Chevy/Cadillac dealer, and they were giving me crap about driving Fords, so I told them I wouldn't get a Chevy, but I'd gladly drive a Cadillac. I think they were thinking I'd buy an ATS or CTS or something like that, then I showed up in this. I love it to death, an absolutely fantastic car.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts