460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm going to a big street car race in Reynolds, GA next weekend. I have not ran on the bottle yet or on the 1/4 so I just want to take guesses on what you all think it will run.
I ran it in the 1/8th a couple weeks ago and it went 6.90 at 104 with a 1.72 60 foot. The car wasn't spinning and I hit second about 200 feet from the traps. The 60 foot was bad because I have a nitrous converter that only stalls out to 4000 without spray. Also I'm running a glide with a 1.76 1st gear, 30 inch tall E.T. streets, and 3.73 gears.
So what I'm wondering is what do you think it will go in the 1/4 if I give it the 250 jets and spray it right off the line? Assuming it hooks up.

·
Registered
720 Posts
i'll guess

i'll guess 9.90 @ 137 mph witha 1.41 60'time . have a good time and keep us posted .^ i think it will run faster though,but dont like to over estemate...........ron

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well something came up at home and we went to the 1/8th mile yesterday instead of the quarter today. The track was really bad shape. Only the cars with giant slicks were hooking and they were'nt hooking very well. I did find out that this car wants you to hit the tires as hard as you can so it will transfer weight. I only got 2 runs on the bottle with it jetted at 225 pulling 10 degree's out with 8 psi of fuel. The first one I peddeled it right off the line. Well I'll put the video link up as soon as I get it loaded. I can say this, it spun for at least 1/3rd of the track but I just stayed in it anyway. What a ride!!!

60 foot: 1.524
1/8th : 6.311
mph : 112.5

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Is the 8 lbs of fuel pressure you mentioned for the nitrous system? I thought most plate systems didn't like more than 6 lbs. I was always told too much fuel on a nitrous system can cause damage just like too lean.

If you replace the E.T. streets with slicks & get it to hook better it sounds like it will run a killer number!

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep, that was on the nitrous side. It ran good but the plugs looked a little rich. I just didn't want to run it lean on the first nitrous passes on all new stuff. You never know what can happen with all new components and I wanted to be safe. Next time I'll back it down to 7 and go from there. NOS also reccomends to pull 8 degrees but we pulled 10 to be safe. I really think this thing has a 5 in it if I can get to a better track. Also next time at a way better track it's getting the 275 jets and it will be a 1/4 mile.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts