460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
I must be stupid, or just getting old, that's neat and all, but what a waste of tires.
I would get a bigger kick out of that if he took the corners without spinning all four tires.
Nice video though.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Last weekend I was pulling a neighbor's dozer out of the mud with my 4X4 Kubota and I had all 4 wheels smoking 8) :lol:

That driving was awesome. I would have loved to be in the car or even try it myself. I don't see how they can burn donuts like that with a 4wd vehicle?

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Most impressive display of ability. I too thought it was cool how he could basically drift in an AWD vehicle. Although I can't stand the so-called sport of drifting, like Yeoman said, I just think it;s a waste of good tires.

Doug... 8)

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
8) 8) driving. I bet he was taught that from watching my boy mow the grass when he was little, :shock:

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Heck I still mow like that... :lol: :lol:

Doug... 8)

·
Registered
928 Posts
something to note, yes that video looks really impressive but it's the video equivelant of photo chopped. As I understand it they took 8hrs worth of video and what you see is ALL the good parts edited together. It's almost like the Dukes of hazzard movie when they make the jumps, they cut away just as they wreck the car and then to another angle. You can see them do it in this video too where he slides into one of those walls yet the next shot there is no damage to the car. Plus look at how many sets of skid marks you see. truth is anyone doing the same thing enough times will get some shots right and can be edited together to make it look good. in this case try several hundred times. They did the whole chase for Bullitt with only 2 retakes IIRC not several hundred. skilled? If you say so, but really cool advertising.
You can also see the light changing in different shots showing it took them all day to get 4 minutes of usable footage.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
That's exactly what I was going to say.

Multiple takes to get a shot.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts