460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like the title says. I built this intending to mud drag it against one of my buddies but I have caught the diesel truck pulling bug. The engine had all machine work and assembly done by Runion engines in decatur, IL. Machine work costs were over 4k alone. Engine is as follows.

1970 4 bolt scj block Sonic checked to 4.5+
arp studs, main& head
FMS roller cam bearings
roller cam thrust bearing
Scat 9000 series crank 4.150 stroke
eagle H beam rods
JE custom cut pistons 14.5:1 squeeze 4.475 bore
FMS oil pump system
Moroso 8 qrt rear sump pan
Double roller chain billet gears.
FMS Sfi balancer
Cam Motion custom solid roller .760/740ish 279/289 (have sheet)
Cam Motion Lifters
Trick flow pushrods
Internal balance (3slugs)

Ford motorsport A460 heads, I purchased these heads are used. They were dyno ran only before I picked them up. They had not been cut on until I got them. I had a friend of mine who worked for hughes engines and has head porting experience for over 15+ years port them, change valve angles and wet flow them on his superflow. 450/350cfm (have sheet)

They have the 2.30 intake and 1.88 FMS valves
Triple crower springs good to .850 lift
Titainium retainers 10Deg
Crane gold race rockers
Jomar stud girdles
TFS Late model Intake (port matched and polished)
CSR elec water pump & fittings
CSR thermostat housing
CSR fuel pump blockoff
FMS Polished valve covers

Everything was purchased new on this engine except (heads, block, valve covers, oil pan)
I am sure I can find most of the reciepts. I would rather not find them or add them up...... :shock:
7,500 firm

(309) 303-7429
Josh

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I also have a set of 2 1/4 primary 4 inch collector custom headers for a 80 to 96 ford truck I will throw in if you can use them. Outside the frame headers. New.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, Mark Laczo is talking about buying it. Before I sell the headers separate I am kinda waiting to see what he does because he could use them for his truck. But just was wondering what people had to trade etc. The heads will support over 1000 horse. With the displacement and compression I would guess in the 800+range.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I wish

Wish I could, nice motor. I'm thinking about either selling my 514 on iron scjs or upgrading my heads.

I would like to get some A heads as soon as I can sell some items I have. I have a 4 wheeler and 1979 monster truck for sale.

Maybe you would be interested in one of these.

:lol:

http://community.webshots.com/user/avomcd

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So is anyone wanting to go fast yet? This baby should make some serious power. :twisted: If this thing doesnt sell I might have to get it running. Still open to possible trades?

·
Registered
508 Posts
so I assume by the post previous to yours, you are not willing to part the motor, because like him I am also interested in the heads. I really want the old style motorsport A460 heads and have been look all over for em. If you are please let me know. If not then good luck selling the motor.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
NEW PRICE!

I will give someone a shot at this for a week or so at $6500 otherwise I am going to part it out. Its an excellent engine either way.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hey Josh I would like to talk to you about the motor ! I'll call you now ,If i dont get in touch with you give me a call 573-695-4051 or 573-694-6608 THANK's Mark

1 - 20 of 22 Posts