460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry that's it's no a BBF car, but I consider this my "home" board, so please bear with me.

66 Mustang coupe street/strip. Car is straight, rust free and isn't cut up. It could be back on the street with nothing but a gear and tire change. Needs just a little tlc here and there, but is solid!

Front and rear suspension all new. 9" back braced rear w Moser 33 spline axles and spool 4.56 gears . Cal-Trac traction bars and matching mono-leaf springs. 5 Way shocks on rear. Front end has all new roller bearing (no bushings) upper and lower control arms and spring perches, new srings, idler arm and 12 way QA1 shocks. Ford oem disk brake conversion up front. The front and rear setup is ready to take some serious power.

Wheels are Holeshot lightweight racing wheels 15X4 and 15X8 with MT tires front and rear. Long studs on all 4 wheels

Engine is a 68 .030 over 302 Performer RPM aluminum heads w 2.02/1.60 valves. No port work. Heads are out of the box. w trw flat tops, stock rods/aftermarket bolts, Performer RPM intake. 700 dp carb, Ford Duraspark electronic dist w MSD 6AL box. 1 5/8 headers. Alum radiator, underdrive pully set, alum water pump, elec fan.

Edelbrock Performer RPM nitrous kit. Engine has about 1000 street miles and 150 1/8 mile passes.
C-4 trans w PTC 10" street/strip converter, Turbo Action valve body and deep pan. B&M Pro Stick shifter

12 gal fuel cell w Mallory pump and all braided lines on engine side, Holley red and alum line on nitrous side.

6pt rollbar, subframe connectors, Kirkey aluminum seats. 3" cowl bolt on glass hood.

The wheels and front rear suspension are all new and cost over $4800. This car is a steal at my price of $7000. Edit: New price!!! $6300

Call David Cole @ 256 390-7252
or direct email
[email protected]

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bump

I took some more pics this week and put them in a coupel of online photo albums.

The pics show the good, bad and ugly. Just being straight up. The body is not perfect, but it's not bad.

The main points about the car.
1. Suspension is all new and is built to take some serious small tire power. New high dollar wheels too.
2. The car is solid with as little rust as you will ever find in an unrestored 40+ yr old car.
3. The engine, while not anything to brag about power wise makes decent power and is very solid with good parts.

The pic albums

http://www.att.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=331&folderid=282053&groupid=26404&folderview=thumbs&ck=

http://www.att.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=331&folderid=282052&groupid=26404&folderview=thumbs&ck=

1 - 10 of 10 Posts