460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
More or less a test n tune, I won the 9.0 index but there was only one other car lol. He couldn't get it started so I got a comp bye, he bought back and I spanked his tube chassis Chevy ***........... :D

My first time shot I seized the moment and pulled up beside Ted in the bird of prey, I knew he was gonna make a motor pass but what the hell.............bye bye Ted......... :lol: :lol:

I had the air bleeds opened up a step and I guess it didnt like it, put the .024's back and seemed to mph a tad better, that and it spend a 44 degree night in the trailer and the drivline was still cold.

Made run's throughout the day, won the index, and they had a run off of the index winners. i pulled a 12.00 car and let me tell you that was an eternity, he ran 12.004 on the 12.00 dial, I went 9.11 on the 9.0, this was a handicap .400 protree, I put a light on him but it wasn't enough.

Here are the numbers in order, starting at 11 am and ending at 6 pm, no electronics, shifting manually with a light.

9.14 @ 145.84
9.12 @ 145.58
9.13 @ 145.30
9.12 @ 146.03
9.12 @ 146.22
9.11 @ 146.41

1/8th mile increments

starting line was not great, air ok but not mineshaft. Thing that sucks is I'm getting bored...........
:lol:

9.0 elim round with the chevy

index winners elim.

Lost count of the times I got asked if it had nitrous on it........

Keep racking my brain on what to do to it over the winter, need to leave the damn thing alone..........be nice to get another tenth out of it though lol.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Flat Black Xerox Machine:cool:

Got that thing dialed in there Jon!!

Bill

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You'd think a guy could go to a bracket race and win wouldn't ya?????

I won 3 of the index races out of 4 I went to, went to the semi's in the other.

Car woks good in the cooler weather, track temp and prep seems to be the key. I'll get my 540hp small block car done this winter for those hot summer months.

Meanwhile I'll just keep throwing money in the A-head stash.............;):D

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
They never are fast enough!!!

You set a goal, get there and then you set a new one. It is a sickness!!

Bill

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Plan is to switch to a belt driven fuel pump and a belt driven vac pump. Pull the intake and check the lifters real good.usual winter stuff. may put some block heaters in the freeze plug holes and one on the diff.

I have this jr deal i gotta get together as well..........too many projects as always.............then there is this procomp thread-jacking sideline I have.................:D

·
Registered
385 Posts
back in the late '60's I had to run a VW beatle. I think it got about a 15 second head start ugh he was 3/4 of the way to the finish line before I saw green lol when I passed him he almost was blown over

·
Registered
587 Posts
That intake is still giving me fit's..But more then anything I got lazy. LOL The wife was home and wanted me to pay attention to her.. I think I need to get a new intake. In the mean time I might put the old stealth back on. Wish I had the money for some p51, Tfs or money to port the PI's I guess I will just save for an intake and run the Pro Sh!ts for now.LOL

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good going Jon. You should be hitting some of the big dollar bracket races with that thing.
I'd like to win a low dollar local one first lol.

I think the tire, gear, etc along with the fuel seems to have made it real consistant, even my reaction times are pretty close now.

I'll get the smallblock car ready this winter so we'll have 2, may just try and run the bracket points next year and try and get serious lol.

·
Registered
618 Posts
LOL. If you're getting bored with it I'll take it off your hands for $1.00. I was going to say "for free," but that just wouldn't be right considering all of the work you've put in to it ;)

·
Registered
372 Posts
Now that you have gotten it to go fast and be consistant put a stop on it and run super street with us and open up a whole other can of worms.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts