460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not all but some!

My wife went to have the oil changed in the Honda and I asked her to pick up a oil filter or two. Well, she asked the guy behind the desk how much the oil filters where for her car. The guy told her then proceded to tell her how she can only use Honda oil filter or else it would void her engine warrantee!

Tell me, where in the world do these people think they are? My wife knew better and just walked off. I'm in right mind to call them and ask the store manager/ owner if he believes the same thing. Then proceed to tell him about the great laws in the Holy United States that protect us from idiots like them!

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Re: Some service desk personal are just stupied! (rant)

jones said:
Some service desk personal are just stupied!
Correction: "Some service desk personnel are just stupid!" :p

·
Registered
6,697 Posts

·
Registered
6,697 Posts

·
Registered
2,615 Posts

jones said:
There I changed it!
Not quite...you still missed the best part; the word 'stupid' is spelled wrong. (Just teasing, so don't take it personal.)

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Phantasea466 said:
I know how you feel Josh.

Sometimes you just got to walk away instead of arguing with the idiot behind the counter who just knows what the screen says on his/her terminal :roll:
It has always amazed me when I come across the car salesman, or service counter employee that doesn't know anything more than what can be read off a brochure. Most times don't even know what is on the brochure!

·
Registered
6,697 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Danny Cabral said:
jones said:
There I changed it!
Not quite...you still missed the best part; the word 'stupid' is spelled wrong. (Just teasing, so don't take it personal.)
Fine, I did a spell check! Jeeze!!

Hey,, What if I meant to say it like that???

·
Registered
6,697 Posts

jones said:
Danny Cabral said:
jones said:
There I changed it!
Fine, I did a spell check! Jeeze!!

Hey,, What if I meant to say it like that???
Then it wouldn't be as funny :lol: :lol:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Leave me alone!! I have been working on a government job all day and surrounded by noisy women!

Plus, the printing department won't hurry up and give me the plans I want!

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
jones said:
Leave me alone!! I have been working on a government job all day and surrounded by noisy women!

Plus, the printing department won't hurry up and give me the plans I want!
Where I work a 'government job' means one is working on personal stuff. Like when I bring my suff in here to use the machine shop's equipment :wink:

My last government job was making a slide hammer. Anyway, it's STILL funny and I STILL see where you are coming from :wink:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
jones said:
It has always amazed me when I come across the car salesman, or service counter employee that doesn't know anything more than what can be read off a brochure. Most times don't even know what is on the brochure!
You're absolutely right! I always research/investigate a product thoroughly, before I purchase it, so I don't have to deal with a salesperson.

My philosophy: Always assume someone you just met is incompetent and let them prove you wrong. Incredibly, this has better prepared me for associating with the general public.

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Naa, I really do work on a lot of goverment stuff. Just working on a small 30 million dollar job trying to get prices from subs and they are being a pain in my butt today!

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
bosshoss said:
So that would be what 10 toilet seats :shock:

dkp
I can't tell you! I have already said too much,, now they are after me!!! I must hide!

All though I can tell you that I don't know how much the toilet seats cost because the plumbing / mech sub contractor is suppose to pick those items up!

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Danny Cabral said:
jones said:
You're absolutely right! I always research/investigate a product thoroughly, before I purchase it, so I don't have to deal with a salesperson.

My philosophy: Always assume someone you just met is incompetent and let them prove you wrong. Incredibly, this has better prepared me for associating with the general public.
Danny, I was told this is a New England thing... Believing people are total idiots until proven otherwise.. Some areas of the country actually think this is 'rude'. :roll:

Then again, I have a spasm if there isn't an ATM, CVS, or Dunkin Donuts within view at all times, but I digress. :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, it like the saying, "It's better for some one to think your stupid then to open your mouth and prove it."

·
Registered
252 Posts
Danny Cabral said:
Those are words to live by, Danny. Probably something Confucius said.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts