460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a job in the south.
Sitting on the beach in florida now, sure is nice compared to the central illinois wheather.
got into the 60's by the time we hit paduca ky.
Kentucky would be great with all the happenings in the area.

Dave

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Got a college degree? Talk to 8 liter here (Casey) or Ky Mustang. Both live and work in the Paducah KY area. Maybe they know of something???

I grew up about 30 minutes south of Paducah and live at the beach now myself. Its great living in the south. Ive been in KY for the holidays and I am freezing here and its 60 degrees. Im headed back to the beach tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
I'm workin on the pool today ,it's beautful here in south Florida...I hate to go home to the atric weather. :wink: :lol:

·
Registered
846 Posts
Sunny and 80* here in South Georgia. :wink:

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no college degree,
alot of tech schools from years at the dealers. Ford, Chevy, Kawasaki, Bombardier, Honda. etc.
welding, fabrication, sheet metal etc.
electrical, hydraulics. 5 years factory maitenence on injection mold.
in destin fl. right now until the 2nd

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
It was FLORIDA here yesterday. Sunny and 75deg. Walked around in my new Chilly outfit and got some sun :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
BBFmavrick said:
It was FLORIDA here yesterday. Sunny and 75deg. Walked around in my new Chilly outfit and got some sun :lol:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Some things don't need to be shared.

I think I am going to lose my cookies..............

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Now, come on Blake, :lol: Let it out,you want one too :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
296 Posts
Re: southern living - What! --- Redneck Punk Revival

Dave Maxwell said:
I need a job in the south.
Sitting on the beach in florida now, sure is nice compared to the central illinois wheather.
got into the 60's by the time we hit paduca ky.
Kentucky would be great with all the happenings in the area.

Dave
Dave,
Y'all come on down.
I can assure you that you won't look back and regret...
Please bring lots of cash and spare parts.
You will race about 9 or 10 months out of the year...or more.
The warmer climate is great, but the "winter break" that you may be accustomed to will be GONE.
Be prepared to race...a lot...if you come to see us redneck punks down here. We welcome our northern pals.
Bruno can tell you more.
Later...
Keith

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Lots of jobs available in the oil field related support companies. You could probably put those fab and operator skills to use. Best places to look would be South Texas (Houston) and South Louisiana (Lafayette / New Iberia).

The south is holding it's own right now despite the recession we're supposed to be in. I just don't see it when the oil field sector is hurting for people. Just about every shipyard is hurting for qualified people. Almost all use Mexican labor and they are required to go home for XXX days per year. Last year Congress didn't let them back into the country until April. That hurt alot of the shipyards and other production places.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Jobs

Have a company coming to Orangeburg, South Carolina--that will employe around 7,000 jobs--they got build place first so there will be alot construstion jobs 8) first then the plant jobs. An in Orangeburg they just finished a 3 million dollar drag strip. :shock: :p Sonny Tindal, Charles Carpenter,Tommey Monney run there alot-- 3 second Pro Mods there alot. First class place now , use to be door to door before. :idea:

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wife said move was ok with her. She is a special ed teacher with a speach path background. said i had to make what i make now to do it. so now i need to look into jobs in the 60 thou range.
had thought about boat work since i have years working on them also, but if its like illinois. it doesnt pay very well.
so if she gets a job and i get a decent pay.
I work at home also for extra project cash.
Now time to deside on local and look for a house and job. she is leaning toward KY.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
mostly pwc. and sea doo jet boats. worked for a watercraft,motorcycle,atv dealer for 9 years. honda, sea-doo, kawasaki, bmw.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
looking on monster for job in the locations now. figured since I am only looking to equal my current salary, it shouldnt be too hard I hope.

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Dave,

You might want to consider something in the Kentucky Lake, and Lake Barkley area. Lake City, Benton, Gilbertsville, Grand Rivers and etc. As you know there's lot's of marine shops and businesses in that surrounding area.

Good luck,

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
c.evans said:
Dave,

You might want to consider something in the Kentucky Lake, and Lake Barkley area. Lake City, Benton, Gilbertsville, Grand Rivers and etc. As you know there's lot's of marine shops and businesses in that surrounding area.

Good luck,
X2. Lots of boating stuff around there. Also look at areas between Charleston SC and Myrtle Beach SC (AMAZING amount of boats here)

·
Registered
667 Posts
the south

hey dave,

north alabama is still doing pretty well. construction is still booming. we have the lakes on the tenn. river if boat work is your thing. winters aint much but the summers can be hell with the humidity. come on down!!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Caterpillar transfered us to North Mississippi from Moline Illinois in 1983 and We Love it, it's a great place to live. Most of my family from Illinois are down here now. They don't seem to make the same in wages here but the cost of living somewhat equals that out.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts